HELP..Why do you need housing if p/s is waterproof to 33?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just recieved the 8010 today. Looks like they have done a whole new revamp on it.

Thanks for your tips on the seals..I thought I/ we were pretty careful before.... but now I/we are just paranoid to use it underwater. It has some pretty cool features on it, and has a better lock system with a click to ensure it is closed properly. Not sure if it will make it under the water any time soon. Too bad cause I don't need another land camera, have 2 I love. The 2 camera's are shared between myself and my 2 adult children.

Glad you are enjoying your 8000, feel free to pass on any more tips. cheers.

Have had 770SW Olympus camera down to 33 feet without a flood and without a housing. Enjoyed pictures and video clips so went ahead and bought UW housing to take diving deeper. You must secure it on lanyard as it will sink faster than you can blink or swim. Divers have floods when they jump in with camera/housing in hand, this jars the seal. Or, they leave it banging around in camera rinse bucket and it gets jarred. Had so much fun with mine moved up to housed Canon 7D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom