help - wife (with foot injury) need s pair of force fins for dive trip(9/21-28/13)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yaml

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
first, let me say i am only vaguely familiar with the force fins of today (i had a pair MANY years ago - got lost somehow when we moved from miami); BUT i do remember how, during the power stroke, they distributed the stress (albeit minimal) of fining over the upper front portion of the foot and ankle rather than the forefoot and toe region and i remember that the fining action produced almost no stress on the backward stroke ; that is why i think they would be perfect for my wife who will be just getting over a fracture of her left 5th metatarsal (long skinny bone that connects the little toe to the ankle); i want to try to avoid or minimize, as much as possible, the stress of the power stroke on her forefoot and toe region; her ankle, calf and quad are uninjured and can handle the stress, such as it is; HOWEVER THERE IS A PROBLEM: i can't find anyone to rent a pair from - contacted a few dive shops whose websites indicated that they were "in love " with force fins only to be told that they no longer carry/use/or rent them; no one in my area would know a force fin from a buick; and, i really don't want to spend well over $200 on a pair of fins that she will only need for this one trip (she normally uses open heel atomic split fins - loves them - and doesn't want to change BUT realizes that for this trip, at least, they would produce far too much stress and strain on the recently healed fracture area);

SO - does anyone have a pair to rent or know of anyone willing to rent a pair for a week? will gladly pay insured shipping to and from as well as a nice rental fee for helping us out; i am willing to guarantee the fins' safe return and would replace them with new ones if they were lost; she wears a size 9 women's (which i think is a men's size 7 but she will be wearing hard sole 3mm booties so might be able to go up at least 1 maybe 2 sizes larger in the men's size to accommodate the bootie; would appreciate any and all input as to the sizing question as i haven't actually seen a pair of force fins first hand in 20 years

really appreciate any help with this
thanks

Not seen a pair of....Force Fin... My God give me a break. This post is from 2013. Let's just say we are in 2015 now. Let's move on and this post is dead.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom