help with a BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corpsman82

Reaction score
im currently in okinawa japan an im haveing a prob finding a good BCD. on base we have a dive store but they have a VERY small selection of BCD's only two in fact. and i dont really care for either one of them. and out in town they have dive stores but the people working there speak little to no english :confused: so i was wondering if anyone could recommend a jacket style BCD. (dont wanna go too much over 400$)

Jeremy

HOORAH!!!

Under $400 in Japan? What, are you buying a snorkel? Seriously, I just got my big ticket items from Scubatoys. They have a vast selection, and express shipping was VERY reasonable as are their prices. Check the scrolling ad at the top of the page, and don't forget to mention that you are an SB member for 10% off.

sorry i think you misunderstood me im askin advice on a BCD around 400$ im gonna buy from a website of course just havein probs on gettin info on a BCD cuz of the language barrier

Corpsman82:
sorry i think you misunderstood me im askin advice on a BCD around 400$ im gonna buy from a website of course just havein probs on gettin info on a BCD cuz of the language barrier

www.scubatoys.com

ask for 10% discount for being on scubaboard.

There are lots of good posts on these forums...what I did was check the manufacturers websites: Oceanic, Zeagle, Scubapro, etc...
Then did some searches on the brands that appealed to me on this site. That narrowed it down quite a bit. I'm sure others will be along shortly with plenty of advice. Let me be the first: BP/W (not that I use one, just wanted to beat them to the punch.) I will recieve a Zeagle Brigade in the next hour via UPS but haven't tried it out yet, so what do I know? Good luck

Go to Torii station and talk to C , they have some nice gear there. If you dont like that check with Tony at Kadena Marina , they carry Tusa stuff there. You really dont want to mail order a BCD , how would you know if it fits you properly ??? Have you tried japanupdate for a used one yet , thay may be you best bet if you on a budget???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom