Help with a reflection problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark,

Actually what I said in my e-mail was that when I zoomed your screen capture up 800 times (800X) I could see the reflection of what looked like the square indentations on the top of the lens barrel.

Which after thinking about it, may mean that you have light leaking in over the top.

Just a coincidence that your camcorder has 800x digital zoom. Which btw, you should turn off when filming, all it does is pixelate at higher zoom rates.

Sorry Steve my bad guess I missed that. I call O/I and told them of what happen. They told me that light could be coming from the back and to put something up to stop the light from the back. Also he said that the cam could be to far from the lens. It should be a paper width from the cam. I told him it looks like its more like 5 pieces of paper. I can ship it to them and they will fix up right no cost. "but to ship it" So I'm going to look at it again then measure it and call him back. He could be right on the light from the back. But it was doing it at depth and with light in front of me. So still not sure. Mark

I had this happen with my old Ikelite housing when I decided I knew better than them and what did I need a lens hood for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom