Help with d80 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nestleb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a D80 and need some help choosing a housing for it. I have searched online for the last 2 days and am confused. I have found a bunch from $1350 to $4000. I am a bit hesitant to spend that much since it will only be used a few times a year. I mainly commercially dive and when I sport dive its mostly fishing. I have no problem spending $600 or so for just the housing I just cant find anything in that range. I will have to purchase online since our LDS in Alaska only gets the bag type which I dont want. I mailny dive from surface to 65 feet I would never be wanting to take it deeper than that. Most of the sea life is shallower than that and way deeper than I am going to dive. I know I will need arms and strobes and so on but the housing looks to be the item Im most unsure about. I thank you in advance for your extensive knowledge on the subject.

Justin
Sitka Alaska

thanks for the come back. I take it since nobody has given me the answer I was looking for. A moderately priced housing does not exist.

Justin

The Ikelite housing is very good and will serve you well. Its is robust, easy to use and all button functions are available. The only downside is that it is a little larger than a cast or machined alum housing but underwater thats not such a big deal. The TTL function if you use Ikelite strobes is also a big plus with the addition to stop your light down with an extra rotary knob on the case as well. I no longer use my D80 housing as I bought a D90 kit but shot well over 12000 photos with the D80 Ikelite and won many competitions with it.

D80 Photos shot with Ikelite...
2883339400100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

2574400570100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

2802105970100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom