help with down loading the mares icon disc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mantababe

Contributor
Reaction score
so my new mares icon has arrived...great looking bit of kit...however, im a bit confused with the CD with it.....when i click on to install the pc softwear interface part it is not in english, what is this softwear interface? and how do i get it in english [ i clicked the uk flag on the screen before]

I don't know about installing from the CD. I just downloaded the latest software release from the Mares website and installed it.

Paul

yep its not working for me....laptop wont even load icon onto it......:confused:

Which doesn't work? The CD or downloading the latest software off the website?

ive got the dive organiser on the laptop, but i cant get the actual dive computer onto it, i have tried 3 laptops now and either i dont get anything come up or on one laptop it said cant find softwear, i am totally fed up with this dive computer begining to wish i hadnt bought it :depressed::depressed:

Let's do things one step at a time.

What version of the Dive Organizer are you running?
Should be 2.13.8.4884
software.mares.com
"Full Setup"

If you don't have the latest Dive Organizer start there.

—
The next step will be to get the cable and connector working.

Are all four contacts on the clip that attaches to the Icon fully extended and able to retract under spring pressure?

Without Dive Organizer running can you easily connect the cable and plug it into your computer so that the battery charge level turns on on the Icon screen?

You may need to wiggle and reposition the clip until it will stay on. I ALWAYS put the Icon and cable in a position where i will not have to move it until I am done.

If the connection is really picky try cleaning the contacts on both the clip and Icon with a pencil eraser. It's not easy but a little patience will go a long ways.

—
What version of firmware is running on the Icon?
(Settings/About Icon HD)

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yes ive got the update dive organiser, i eventually got the icon to update. the prob was..... my laptop doesnt show anywhere tht it has new hard drive on it [not even on the bottom right had side, where it usually tells you when you can disconect it] so as far as i was concerned my icon wasnt loaded onto laptop...when it was

then i stuggled to update the firmware, but after hours of trying i eventually worked out you clicked on a funny looking "button" on the right hand side of the "update" link to browse the files after a couple of goes it eventually updated.

must admit took me awhile to realise i had to update the dive organiser

have had my first dive with pc this evening and it was great, it was fantastic being able to read a computer so easily not done tht for ages

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom