Help with H-Valve Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matts1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Jakarta, Indonesia & Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
# of dives
2500 - 4999
So as I transition my gear I am now using H-valves on my HP119s. I would love to hear how y'all route your hoses for primary, alternate, SPG, and LPI.

Thanks in advance.

What regs are you using?

Generically, Primary and LPI come off right side, Backup, drysuit, and SPG off left.

When I refer to left/right post it is with the gear on...

Left post has

Primary Inflator
Backup 2nd stage (bungied)
SPG

Right Post has
Backup Inflator (i wear a mini-bertha redundant wing)
Dry Suit Inflator
Primary 2nd stage (long hose)

This rig is different from what others wear, but as yet no one has created an argument that would convince me to change it.

Cheers

Steve

PerroneFord:
What regs are you using?

Generically, Primary and LPI come off right side, Backup, drysuit, and SPG off left.

MK25 and an MK11.

I am thinking the big SP hose protectors are needing to go.

I don't use hose protectors so I cannot comment. And I don't use an H-Valve either, but that is how my doubles are set up.

PerroneFord:
I don't use hose protectors so I cannot comment. And I don't use an H-Valve either, but that is how my doubles are set up.

Thanks.

I removed my hose protectors. IMHO they are not needed and if anything at all do more harm than good.

They hide salt, corrosion, cracks etc. It's hard to get a good rinse without moving them back and forth. It's just easier to take them off.

I use H valves on my single steel 120's and rig them the same as I do my doubles. When your wearing the gear -doubles or h valves- they should always be rigged the same so you are comfortable with your rig

Cheers

Steve

As I wear the unit:

Right Post (upper post in H valve): Long hose and Drysuit (add additional inflator if you are going to use a redundant bladder)

Left Post (lower post H valve): Short Hose with Bungie, SPG and Inflator

It is important to keep the inflator and drysuit separate. I use the right post for the drysuit and the left post for the inflator. Reason is that I am using the inflator more then the added air to the drysuit. BCD controls buoyancy not the drysuit, BCD responds quicker to changes. By using the left post for the inflator I know it is open and working, I am using it more frequently. The right post with the long hose I know is open and working because I am breathing it. Left post - left side, right post - right side. Should I need to isolate I will never lose a means of buoyancy control that being the drysuit or BCD nor a means to breathe

Also mount your hoses so there is a lower profile to them and they are protected. This means usually that you run the hoses from only one side of the reg and the hoses run down when mounting regs onto the cylinder. Remove the hose protectors they really are not needed and they block your ability to inspect the hoses before use and reduce the flexibility of the hoses for routing.

matts1w,

How about posting a pict of your tank setup? I just bought an LP108 that I intend to put an H-valve on. I figured I would run it just like I did my doubles, but since the tank hasnt arrived, I havent thought that much about it.

Willie

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom