help with inon z240

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abuemily

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For all you INON folks, I am having some problems setting up a new Z240 Type II with my wife's new Aquatica housing for her Nikon D40x. The Inon manual is a nightmare--not a lot of help. I have connected the strobe to the housing with Sea&Sea 5-pin cable (and using the insulation plate at the housing end). When I turn the strobe on it just erratically flashes (a lot). Have it set to Manual/Auto--doesn't seem to make much difference. Should I be using the insulation plate--or does it even make a difference? We are getting ready to make a liveabord trip to the Red Sea and would like to figure out how to make this work. Feel like an idiot, but have never used Inon strobes before--should have stayed with what I know!

Thanks!

Michael R.
D200/Aquatica A200/Twin DS-125's

Hey just bought one myself. For some reason right out of the box the focus light seem to pop on and off until I played with that knob. On is fully down and twisted. Off is up. If you push it, it will come on for about 7 seconds then shut off. Finally, if you have it on all the time it will flicker every second. So I guess my question to you is it really firing or is the focus light just coming on and off? If it truly is firing there's something wrong with the cable or strobe. Try setting the strobe to S-ttl and then taking the D40 and firing a few "optical" test shots to see if the strobe fires.

Yup, it was the strobe, not the focus light--blinded myself making sure:D. Had figured out all the various buttons/switches, despite the instruction manual. In any case, I re-connected everything a couple times and now it works fine. Either operator error, or something is loose. Thanks for the suggestions!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom