Help with Nemo Wide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boliver_69

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have had my Nemo Wide for about a year, and have loved it. The last 2 times I have tried to use it however, it does not go into dive mode or record my dives. I press the dive button and the information and settings I put in come up, but does not actually show any depth or time, just stays on the original screen then tuens itself off after a while. Battery power is still at 100% so I am a bit lost... Help!!!

I would suggest removing the battery cover, taking out the battery and carefully examing for any signs of water damage. I would also take the opportunity to put in a known, fresh battery then close the battery compartment. Be VERY careful with the o-ring as it is quite thin and easy to tear / nick. I seem to recall a post some time back where people were having similar issues and the battery was in fact the problem. If this solution does not work, I suspect you will need to return the unit to Mares (via your local dealer) for further examination.

Like you, I use the nemo wide (2 years now) and love it. I have two units and use them for tech diving. With the three gas software upgrade this has become a fun computer for me to use be it recreational or technical.

Good luck!

Regards,
ltstanfo

I would suggest removing the battery cover, taking out the battery and carefully examing for any signs of water damage. I would also take the opportunity to put in a known, fresh battery then close the battery compartment. Be VERY careful with the o-ring as it is quite thin and easy to tear / nick. I seem to recall a post some time back where people were having similar issues and the battery was in fact the problem. If this solution does not work, I suspect you will need to return the unit to Mares (via your local dealer) for further examination.

Like you, I use the nemo wide (2 years now) and love it. I have two units and use them for tech diving. With the three gas software upgrade this has become a fun computer for me to use be it recreational or technical.

Good luck!

Regards,
ltstanfo

I agree with this. Warranty is 2 years from date of purchase. This will be covered as long as there has been no abuse or water entry. If you cannot get it to work with new batteries and a dry battery compartment, speak with your dealer to set up a return for warranty.

Best,

Back
Top Bottom