Help with new compact choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tafflad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I currently use a Fuji F31fd + Fuji housing + Fantasea strobe + wide angle lens

Thinking about changing ........
considerations are Canon G12 or Olympus XZ-1

Be interetsed in any views as to which to take a good look at ...

I am a 'snapper' take pics on my dives, don't dive to take pics.
Not interested in DSLR route ... prefer to go prosumer compact.

I also have the F31 (and a F20) and i had the G12 last February in Lembeh.

I got some real good shots with the G12 but i sold it due to some problems i had with the Canon housing - and still have my Fujis.
Four weeks ago i went to Lembeh again and i found a used G10 (wich is pretty close to the G12) at a real attractive price.
In some situations the G12 was better to handle, but there were also some moments were the Fujis beats the Canon - on the mandarin dives the Canon worked worse late in the dive, it became darker and darker and i got almost no more sharp shot, the Fuji was much better here.
Also for that green pipe fish, i did not one shot as good as that one taken with the Fuji.
For that small crab also the result was much better with the Fuji than with the Canon.
Please keep in mind, that i only have the internal flash of both cams, no ext. flash or strobe.

Crobs with some adjustments

I currently use a Fuji F31fd + Fuji housing + Fantasea strobe + wide angle lens

Thinking about changing ........
considerations are Canon G12 or Olympus XZ-1

had read that I should not consider G12 ... and that S95 is a far better UW camerain all respetcs for UW use.

So choice would now seem to be Canon S95 or Olympus YZ-1

Back
Top Bottom