Help with North Sulawesi Itinerary for Newer Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK right....lets get back on topic gents.

I stayed at Blue Bay many moons ago. And honestly I'm really conflicted looking back. The spot they have is gorgeous!! The white sand beach is stunning and jungle surrounds are full of wildlife. The staff were incredible...you feel like you are adopted into a family! The food was plentiful and really yummy. The boats and dive crew were brilliant. BUT then the lights and fan goes off at midnight!! And as someone else mentioned above they are quite sheltered, so not much of a breeze. After this trip my wife made an executive decision "Only resorts with AC from now on!!" ha ha.
Yes the rooms are rustic, but I honestly enjoyed them. And yes they didn't have proper showers, but they bring a big bucket of warm water....it sounds bad...but I loved it...it added to the charm rather than detracting from the experience.
I honestly do not understand why they dont have a battery pack that runs only the fans right through the night. That is the only negative I have with the place. That all being said if I was travelling on my own I would highly consider returning!
The new Bastianos restort really does look great. And Luko swears by Murex...so I think who ever you stay with you will have a great time on Bangka.

As for Lembeh, I would have no problem recommending @Indah 's resort. Lovely place to chill, hang out and dive. He also has easier access to the west side of Lembeh island which has some interesting dives. Aslo super value for money.
If you want to spend more you could look at Black Sands Dive Retreats. Their black sand beach is amazing, and Hairballs is their house "reef"!

I think you will have a great trip!!

Am travelling to North Sulawesi next week, spending 14 days there, doing Bunaken, Lembeh, and Bangka. Wondering if it is easy to get a Grab from Manado to Bitung, and from Bitung to Pantai Surabaya? @Indah or anybody else with knowledge or recent experience of the area. And no... not looking to taking a public bus. :p

Am travelling to North Sulawesi next week, spending 14 days there, doing Bunaken, Lembeh, and Bangka. Wondering if it is easy to get a Grab from Manado to Bitung, and from Bitung to Pantai Surabaya? @Indah or anybody else with knowledge or recent experience of the area. And no... not looking to taking a public bus. :p
All resorts offer transfer services (boat and car). The advantage is that it connects to their boats and they know where exactly to bring you. It should be easy to get a Grab from Manado to Bitung. Not sure if they are eager to go to Pantai Surabaya.

All resorts offer transfer services (boat and car). The advantage is that it connects to their boats and they know where exactly to bring you. It should be easy to get a Grab from Manado to Bitung. Not sure if they are eager to go to Pantai Surabaya.
Thanks very much for the info! Much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom