Help with North Sulawesi Itinerary for Newer Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Such a silly question! You cannot be serious!
Of course! How do we commute to work in HK or most countries in SE Asia including Indonesia?
Public transport does not exist in Indonesia at all? How do they commute in Jakarta?
I will keep the answer within SE Asia but wondering how do others travel to work in cities like London, Paris and New York etc etc.
I imagined that the people in Hongkong still would wear real face masks. Further, testing positive during holidays and being vulnerable to travel limitations is an extra risk.

wondering how do others travel to work in cities like London, Paris and New York etc etc.
With the increase of new variants last weeks, most people try to avoid public transport, working home office as much as we can, walking further (some of my collegues prefer to walk 1hour morning and evening than take the transports), using our bikes more and whenever it is impossible to avoid, cover our face with a mask in the metro.
I have never seen Paris traffic so congested in July, meaning lots of people chose to take their own car rather than public transports.

I imagined that the people in Hongkong still would wear real face masks. Further, testing positive during holidays and being vulnerable to travel limitations is an extra risk.
LOL.
Still have to go to work and use public transport! Mask is fact of life!
Risk in travelling? You really amazed me.
Are you suggesting that there is no risk to travel to Indonesia?

"Vulnerable to travel limitations is an extra resk"? What are you trying to ask?

Jakarta MRT closed because nobody using it?
With the increase of new variants last weeks, most people try to avoid public transport, working home office as much as we can, walking further (some of my collegues prefer to walk 1hour morning and evening than take the transports), using our bikes more and whenever it is impossible to avoid, cover our face with a mask in the metro.
I have never seen Paris traffic so congested in July, meaning lots of people chose to take their own car rather than public transports.
So the Metro is closed because nobody is using it?

STRIKE. Not lack of passengers.

1- Moot point. That's London, not Paris.
2- Fact is that there are less people in the Paris metro (from 25% to 45% less than 2019 depending on periods and metro lines, official figures from the operator) and less metros running because of that.
3- When I have to take the metro at peak hours I often can find a seat while I had to stand for the whole 30 minutes trip before that, add on top most of my metro neighbors speak foreign lingo (tourists). Locals tend to avoid taking public transports... Why is that, eh?

That was just FYI. I will stop the discussion here, I don't need the vague opinion of someone sitting 10.000km away to know what is happening right down my street.

1- Moot point. That's London, not Paris.
2- Fact is that there are less people in the Paris metro (from 25% to 45% less than 2019 depending on periods and metro lines, official figures from the operator) and less metros running because of that.
3- When I have to take the metro at peak hours I often can find a seat while I had to stand for the whole 30 minutes trip before that, add on top most of my metro neighbors speak foreign lingo (tourists). Locals tend to avoid taking public transports... Why is that, eh?

That was just FYI. I will stop the discussion here, I don't need the vague opinion of someone sitting 10.000km away to know what is happening right down my street.
LOL.
Less running does not equal to NOT running.
I am living in modern world and news travels pretty quick.
Opinion? Metro in Paris is still running? NO or YES.

Less running does not equal to NOT running.
most people try to avoid public transport
What is the word you don't understand? Most or Try to avoid?
In english "Most" doesnt mean "all", "Try" doesn't mean "succeed", "avoid" means "keep away".

Don't thank me : my pleasure. :eyebrow:

I am living in modern world and news travels pretty quick.
That's what the flatearthers or vaccine negationnists say as well.
Apparently not a matter of receiving but understanding information... when someone confuses London with Paris, it says a lot.

LOL.
Still have to go to work and use public transport! Mask is fact of life!
Risk in travelling? You really amazed me.
Are you suggesting that there is no risk to travel to Indonesia?

"Vulnerable to travel limitations is an extra resk"? What are you trying to ask?

Jakarta MRT closed because nobody using it?

So the Metro is closed because nobody is using it?

I never saw somebody in Indonesia wearing correctly a real N95 or comparable mask. My son has to travel by public transport to school every day. Most passengers do not wear a mask (any piece of cloth) at all.
Getting a positive PCR test during your holidays in Indonesia could affect your further travel plans. For example: when going home.

Still attracted to public transport in public in these days of Covid ?
What is the alternative?
No public transport has been stopped over last 3 yrs except under the influence of typhoon.
I never saw somebody in Indonesia wearing correctly a real N95 or comparable mask. My son has to travel by public transport to school every day. Most passengers do not wear a mask (any piece of cloth) at all.
Getting a positive PCR test during your holidays in Indonesia could affect your further travel plans. For example: when going home.
You have answered your own question!!! LOL.
Very few people in HK are wearing N95. Are you mistaken HK with Macau? They were required to wear N95 when going out during the recent total lock down. Look it up.

Getting Covid aboard would not affect any future travelling plan!!!! Fully recovered person is allowed to enter HK.

Please check everything before posting garbage.

What is the alternative?
No public transport has been stopped over last 3 yrs except under the influence of typhoon.

You have answered your own question!!! LOL.
Very few people in HK are wearing N95. Are you mistaken HK with Macau? They were required to wear N95 when going out during the recent total lock down. Look it up.

Getting Covid aboard would not affect any future travelling plan!!!! Fully recovered person is allowed to enter HK.

Please check everything before posting garbage.
Maybe you could read more carefully? And try to understand what the writer actually wants to say? Traveling by buses and mini buses in Indonesia will increase the risks of getting covid. Agree? If you become positive during your holidays it might restrict the possibilities to fly home again. Agree? So, in times of Covid, better prevent going by public transport in Indonesia. Agree?

Maybe you could read more carefully? And try to understand what the writer actually wants to say? Traveling by buses and mini buses in Indonesia will increase the risks of getting covid. Agree? If you become positive during your holidays it might restrict the possibilities to fly home again. Agree? So, in times of Covid, better prevent going by public transport in Indonesia. Agree?
LOL.
What is the alternative?
You forgot who raised the question in the first place! Incredible.
Increased risk of catching covid in Indonesia by using public transport!!!!! So any Indonesian travelled on public transport? You child/ren is/are using public transport so how many times have they caught Covid? I hope you realized many peoples are being re-infected multi-times. Keep them at home!!!!!
You are NOT suggesting that all foreign tourists travelled in the country are using private!!!! FAT chance!!!!
From my own experience in HK, travelling on public transport DOES NOT increase the risk on infection.
Anyone believing the extra risk of using public transport should stay at home.
Do you NOT realized that flying on commercial airplane is also a form of public transport. Of course some people have their own private planes.
Anyone who is worried on catching Covid while travelling aboard would have stayed at home. Any foreign tourist in Indonesia at all? You cannot be that £$%^&.
Bali is expecting 1.5m this year. Only 45 in 2020.
I could never realize there were so many peoples who could afford to fly into Bali with private planes. Over 200,000 in May 2023 alone. No wonder Garuda and other airlines in the country are in deep CHIT.

Back
Top Bottom