Help with Reading Long Threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grover48

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As a new member here I find myself reading many threads that have several posts in them, some with hundreds of posts. I find some posters have great things to say an I learn much from them. Here is a way to follow your favorite poster without wading through many you don't care to read.

When you are viewing the list of threads, you will see a column that says replies with a number in it. Click on that number. A new window will appear with the members that have posted in that thread and the number of times they have posted. You can scroll down to the name of the member you want to read. Click on their number of posts and it will display in text form all of their posts in that thread.

I hope this helps you find the info you need.

New here so that suggestion is helpful.

That is a very cool find.

Now... if before posting we could get folks to read all prior posts, that would be a big plus.

Thirty posts and he has already taught us something....Thanks for that Grover!

RoatanMan:
Now... if before posting we could get folks to read all prior posts, that would be a big plus.

So true....

I've found that there is a real diminishing return to threads that go past about 30 posts; they tend to digress into finger pointing and chest thumping. There are some exceptions, of course.

Back
Top Bottom