help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once again in to the brink. It all depends on how many pictures you take and what you want to do with them at the end of the day. Download Photoshop CS5, Photoshop Elements, Adobe Ligthroom, and if you are on a Mac Aperture. You can use any of them for free for 30 days. Figure out which one you like the best. Most UW photographers that I know are using Lightroom. The interface to me is much more intuitive than Photoshop but you can do all of what you want in any of the programs, unless you are doing lots of graphic arts stuff with lots of text. For straight pictures any of them will do. For enlargements, I mostly print my own but for the recent scuba show in Long Beach, I printed the LAUPS best of show picture as a gift for sponsors at Costco. If you download the Costco software and profiles they make great prints up to 20x30. 16X20 are $6 and 11x14 are 3 on Fuji Crystal archive paper. For bigger prints, there are lots of other folks, but 20x30 is pretty big.
Bill

FYI, If you are a student (or now someone who is) you can get Adobe products at a SUBSTANTIAL discount.

Back
Top Bottom