Henderson Gold Core size chart

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone had any experience with Henderson Gold Core's and the sizes they show on their chart?

I realize that two people with the same height and weight can have completely different body shapes, but their size charts appear to be incredibly way off.

We visited a dive shop and when she put on the size recommended on their size chart, she wasn't even able to zip up the suit. The dive shop was like, "well, you have to get in the water", etc. She looked like two pounds of bologna in a one pound sack. It wasn't even close.

Following the chart from their website, she would wear a size 8, maybe a 10. In actuality, she fits into a 12. She's 5'5", 130lbs and a completely normal shape, 34-28-36, 50yo woman.

The chart for a size 12 on their website and at the LDS shows a size 12 as a woman with:
37-39" bust
32-34" waist
40-42" hips
and get this, 140lbs.

Now seriously, what woman that fits into the first 3 measurements weighs 140lbs???
It's alsmost like they aren't even remotely close.

Yes, I agree that we should all try on wetsuits before purchasing and fit and comfort is paramount, but why such a discrepancy?

Anyone have any experience with Henderson?

Anyone have any experience with this?

i've had my henderson for a year now, the titanium model. i wear a size 8 dress and guess what, my suit is a size 8. something's wrong with their chart. she should be wearing a size 6.

btw, i'm 5'5, 140 lbs. off-topic, i love my henderson. everyone else is shivering aboard the dive boat and i'm warm and toasty

My wife seems to be similar in size to your wife but her weight is closer to 140. She has 3 Gold Core suits. Her 3mm is a size 8 and fit fine. She has a 5mm, size 8 that is a bit tight getting in but OK once wet. I recently bought her a 5mm, size 10 which is easier to don and still tight enough to work well. This suit still goes on OK even with a hooded vest underneath. A size 12 may go on easily but sounds too large to work well for the lady you describe.

i've had my henderson for a year now, the titanium model. i wear a size 8 dress and guess what, my suit is a size 8. something's wrong with their chart. she should be wearing a size 6.

btw, i'm 5'5, 140 lbs. off-topic, i love my henderson. everyone else is shivering aboard the dive boat and i'm warm and toasty

Well, If I were in the Philippines I would not be shivering. Try your suit in California water.

Adam

Last edited:
Well, If I were in the Philippines I would not be shivering. Try your suit in California water.

Adam

it's common knowledge, a 3mm suit is appropriate for tropical waters. the original question was about size and not thickness

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom