Henderson Greenprene?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m pretty shocked by the weight diff as well. Wondering if it’ll compress with use... I have 3 more weeks here to test... time will tell...?

As mentioned, It’s warmer than my Pinnacle, I think. To combat the allergy I was wearing a lavacore under the pinnacle. The GP is as warm, if not warmer , than the combo.
You don’t say how thick (or how old) your Pinnacle suit is. If it is 3mm, then the added weight is no surprise. The layer of Lavacore adds no weight, only warmth.

You don’t say how thick (or how old) your Pinnacle suit is. If it is 3mm, then the added weight is no surprise. The layer of Lavacore adds no weight, only warmth.
Hi @Merfman

I was going to ask the same question that @JackD342 did. Was your Pinnacle also a 5 mm, I assumed it was?

Sorry, yes, the Pinnacle is a 5mm as well. Trying to keep apples-apples... and yes I understand the neutral buoyancy of the LC. Ain’t my first dive...

Experiences were requested, I offered.

PS, the Pinnacle is 4-5 YO I think... unsure.

Pacific Wilderness, a dive shop near me, posted this review on Facebook. Highlights for those who can't open it: sizing runs large, material feels warm and high-quality while still being stretchy, buoyancy is typical for the thickness, compression feels the same as other suits.
Pacific Wilderness
Thanks for posting that. I wonder how the sizing compares to Henderson's traditional neoprene offerings. I assume that they use the same patterns for cutting their Greenprene material as they do Thermaxx, Thermoprene Pro, etc. So I'm taking Pacific Wilderness's review to mean that, in his experience, Henderson suits tend to run on the large size. I know what size I am in a Thermaxx suit, so I assume I'd be the same size in Greenprene.

Update for those still wondering. Had about 35 dives on the HG over the last month.

Neoprene reaction : none, this is great news for me (and hopefully anyone else with said allergy) Previously I had to wear a Lavacore underneath my 5mm Pinnacle to stay rash free.

Buoyancy: still seems super buoyant but I was able to use less weight towards the latter dives. With aluminum tanks, I was down to 14#. With Aldora and 120 steels, I used 4 and was pretty overweighted, could have gotten by with 2.

Wear: a few threads raveled but nothing major, seems to be holding up quite well.

I'd buy another in a heartbeat if nothing else, because I don't have to carry a lot of extra stuff to suppress the allergy.

Good luck and diving to all.

PS - Coz is VERY quiet with the absence of cruisers. First signs went up today at Chedraui WRT CV19. I wish the people of the island the very best and thank you for your continued hospitality!

Thanks for the report, Merfman. I have been using a 3mm Thermaxx for the past 5 years but will definitely have to strongly consider the Greenprene when I need a new wetsuit.

So I ended up getting a Greenprene 7mm, and so far I like it.

I mentioned upthread that my Thermaxx had pulled apart a little at the lower back after about 100 dives. I took it in to the dive shop just before everything shut down to see if it could be repaired, and they called me a few weeks later to say Henderson would refund half the purchase price as it was still under warranty. I thought that was pretty fair and decided to stick with the Henderson brand. (It also wasn't a great time to be trying on a bunch of wetsuits, but I knew what size would fit me best in that brand, even if it wasn't a perfect fit.)

So I got the Greenprene, and I've worn it twice now; once just for a swim/snorkel in the ocean, and once on a legit dive this past weekend. I thought it was maybe just a tiny bit warmer than the Thermaxx, though maybe that's because it's brand new. It did seem a bit thicker around the wrists; my Teric strap almost wouldn't buckle around it. But my weighting needs didn't change, so it seems it's equally buoyant. I thought it seemed just a little roomier inside, like it ran a bit larger (sadly, I can definitively rule out the possibly that I lost weight) but I didn't notice any cold water flushing in. It was still stretchy and easy to get on and off, which is my top priority. We'll see how it stands up over time to my apparently colossal butt.

I am about 50 dives in on my Greenprene. I would still say that it is one of the most comfortable (in terms of movement) suit I have ever owned. I also think that it is one of the best looking suits I have owned. Having said all of that I far prefer my Aqualock. It is warmer for the same thickness (comparing 3mms), and more durable. If Henderson added the Liquid Tape seams to the Greenprene, I would be all in. The Liquid Tape seams makes the suit both warmer and more durable.

YMMV,

Jackie

My 3 mm Henderson Thermoprene Pro full suit wore out and was falling apart. I replaced it with the same suit in Greenprene. I did 20 dives in SE Florida with it.

The wetsuit seems to be the same cut as my previous one. It was very easy to don and very comfortable. It appears to be a little more buoyant. I always used 8 lbs with the Thermoprene Pro, with or without a 5/3 hooded vest, a back inflate BC, and AL80. I was light at my safety stop with 8 lbs. At 9 lbs, I was just OK at the SS but a little light on the final ascent. I used 10 lbs for the rest of the visit and was fine. the Greenprene suit is quite warm, I think a little warmer than the Thermoprene Pro, even when it was newer.

So, now for the endurance test, we'll see how long it holds up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom