Here is an odd set of doubles I am trying to identify.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ti325v

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Con Dao Islands Vietnam. Owner of Dive ! Dive ! Di
# of dives
Last night I was dreaming of some H.P. 72.s When this walked in my door...for $100....
A new Catalina al 80in Vietnam is $350 !!!!!!!
No manufacturer markings, screw ball U.S. divers j valve manifold....but visual inspection shows them to be in first class condition...
I do have a spare O.M.S. manifold sitting here, and my 100s are just too much for the tropical diving I do.
What I can determine from tank markings.
Working pressure 240 BAR !!!!!!!!
Test pressure 360 BAR.
Internal volume 11.5 liters
3/4 NPSM threading, my OMS valves slide right in.
The only distinguishing mark is the funny little stamp after what I assume is the date of manufacture 3/93.
I have about 60 al 80s made in China and they carry the G.B. Stamp. I think these may indeed be made in China as they are the only tanks I see with the MPA pressure rating.
No Hydro facilities here...These look brandy new and have been in storage here on the island, empty for atleast three years.
Any ideas what they are ?
Fill em up and let it rip ?

Attachments

• IMG_0729.JPG
    IMG_0729.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0730.JPG
    IMG_0730.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0731.JPG
    IMG_0731.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0734.JPG
    IMG_0734.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0735.JPG
    IMG_0735.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0736.JPG
    IMG_0736.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0737.JPG
    IMG_0737.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0739.JPG
    IMG_0739.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0752.JPG
    IMG_0752.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0753.JPG
    IMG_0753.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0754.JPG
    IMG_0754.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0755.JPG
    IMG_0755.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 65
  • STA_0748.JPG
    STA_0748.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 52
Only thing I can tell you about is the USD manifold. It is not "screwball", it is a standard manifold used for many years in rec diving and it is still in the AL military catalog.

Jax did all of the hard work over on TDS (cross post) these are Australian made by CIG.

Hi scared silly indeed Jax covered it perfectly....
Thanks Jax.
Regarding the "Screwball manifold"
This kind of non contributory replies are the kind of thing that drove me from S.B. and to places like TDS...seems like everybody needs to have their opinion heard here on S.B.
Of course this being S.B. I have to qualify the "screwball" statement as "IMHO screwball" My OMS manifolds are IMHO vastly safer. On TDS people dealt with the issue at hand and felt no need to have the last word off topic..IMHO.
Over and out, this will be my last posting on S.B.
Thanks Herman with your thousand dives for finally knocking some sense in to me and keeping me from getting bashed about even more.
Best of luck S.B. alas I have out grown you.

Then what did you want to know about it? I have a service manual on it and know where to get parts. It's a completely safe manifold, it been in service for many years and considering the US navy still uses it, I seriously doubt it's less safe than your OMS, being a solid bar manifold there are less orings to fail. I do need to up my dive count, it's a lot more than that now....not that dive count means anything.

Thanks Jax.
This kind of non contributory replies are the kind of thing that drove me from S.B. and to places like TDS...seems like everybody needs to have their opinion heard here on S.B.
Of course this being S.B. I have to qualify the "screwball" statement as "IMHO screwball" My OMS manifolds are IMHO vastly safer. On TDS people dealt with the issue at hand and felt no need to have the last word off topic..IMHO.
Thanks Herman with your thousand dives for finally knocking some sense in to me and keeping me from getting bashed about even more.

Geez, ti, I didn't read herman's answer that way. I think herman would be a good source for you. He's just saying while it looks strange, it's a good manifold. :idk:

Thanks Jax.

Translation, You are stupid and I am smart.

Well done, Herman. Now he can hang out with the cool kids and not bother with us squares anymore.

I see your answer as concise and informative.

I've seen some nasty replies on this board and I don't like them either. SB does have a bad reputation for that and there seems to be a relatively small group of people who are paper tigers and for some reason get their kicks from putting people down in a public forum. I've been the victim of it myself and it is really a turn off. In this case though I don't see it (I thought the responses were measured), but I suppose if you've been "burned" before its easy to develop a thin skin. I've been to different forums and none of them seem to have quick responses or the body of knowledge of this group. And, some sub groups seem to have a "kinder and gentler" group of people who post in them. So tiv32v, best wishes to you, but IMHO I think you took the responses the wrong way but to each his or her own.

Back
Top Bottom