Here is the latest team pic.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but which knuckle dragger are you Gary ?

Sparky

Lane B managed to get away from our token fireman (Gary M). He's the shortest one in the back row and he's not short. The rest of the back row needs a bananna or two tossed in. :D

There is about a ton and a half on that 4" of ice and we couldn't break it. We jumped as a group and shook the entire area but it wouldn't budge until the saw came out.

Gary D.

Gary D.:
There is about a ton and a half on that 4" of ice and we couldn't break it. We jumped as a group and shook the entire area but it wouldn't budge until the saw came out.

Gary D.

My team is taking the Ice Rescue Class this weekend, and since Murphy is NOT my friend anymore, it is going to be about 5 degrees on Sunday when we will be on the ice and in the water. I would really prefer to do this training in July when the weather is much more user friendly!!!!!!

Dan

Boater Dan:
My team is taking the Ice Rescue Class this weekend, and since Murphy is NOT my friend anymore, it is going to be about 5 degrees on Sunday when we will be on the ice and in the water. I would really prefer to do this training in July when the weather is much more user friendly!!!!!!

Dan
It would be great if we had a nice indoor Ice Rescue Rink like they do for skating. Show up in shorts and “T” shirts with the top down and a tan. But unfortunately we have to wait until at least the middle of the winter to even start training.

It’s kind of a backwards system where we train after we start doing something but that’s about all we can do. Mother Nature just doesn’t snap her fingers and it freeze everything over.

I always grit my teeth when the ice starts getting weak but still looks good. We have had a few vehicles out on two of our lakes. These people just don’t realize we aren’t Canada and don’t get that good of ice for any length of time.

Have fun with your training and I guess we will rename you Bobsled Dan until the ice goes away. :D

Gary D.

Hi, sorry to butt in; I couldn't help but notice that "alcina" mentioned that she was in Iowa recently. Sorry I haven't introduced myself before (this is, consequently, my first post)--I'm still navigating around the board and learning so much. Anyway, a few points: first, hi everyone, my name is Larry Doss, I will be attending my first Central Iowa Underwater Search and Rescue (CUISR) meeting/training tomorrow; second, I'm guessing alcina saw some of the team conducting ice rescue training somewhere north of Des Moines maybe?; third, how did an Aussie in Iowa not make the news? : )

Back
Top Bottom