Here she comes....Vandenberg!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just to make viewing easier for others... here are the pics.

click the below image to "blow up" into the larger image. (will most likely open bigger image in new window... FYI).;

Thanks for the diagram. I have looked at all of the discussion. I am always in favor of safety and if some of the money is directed specifically at wreck preservation, expansion of artificial wrecks, etc. great. But it looks to me like the increased prices are specifically personal revenue generated.

It also looks like there is an opportunity for someone with the knowhow, technical training and deep pockets to develop more of a "tech" type shop/charter business. I will tell you that I did some dives with JDC in Jupiter in January and they had larger tanks, etc. This worked great for me with the nitrox. It extended my bottom time alot. I will admit I am an airhog some. If I am diving this wreck (no time soon, given what I am hearing), I would like to have the opportunity of diving with nitrox and larger tanks/doubles. If this can be done, then I would bet that more of the regular divers/advanced divers would use this type of shop and the "cruise boat" crowd could use the other operators.

Bob

Hi ya'll!
Just an update from Subtropic-
We'll be charging $80 for the 2-tank dive, $100 if you need tanks and weights, and $120 if you need all equipment.
And we've got a new boat on the way, pretty much exactly the same as the Island Diver (the one we used to have).
See you on the Vandenberg!! :)

Hi ya'll!
Just an update from Subtropic-
We'll be charging $80 for the 2-tank dive, $100 if you need tanks and weights, and $120 if you need all equipment.
And we've got a new boat on the way, pretty much exactly the same as the Island Diver (the one we used to have).
See you on the Vandenberg!! :)

Thanks.... what about nitrox and steel tanks? (DIN Fittings or pro valves?)

folks diving that wreck are gonna want it and will pay a few extra bucks for a LP95, LP108, or HP100 over an AL80

Thanks.... what about nitrox and steel tanks? (DIN Fittings or pro valves?)

folks diving that wreck are gonna want it and will pay a few extra bucks for a LP95, LP108, or HP100 over an AL80

Since we've been driving down, I've been taking my own cylinders, but fills will be the thing! Nitrox and DIN are what I'm looking for! But for the rare occasion I fly, that would be a good thing!

SWH, thanks for the update on the pricing! Good to see you guys are keeping it fair! I'm sure I'll be in touch when I'm down in October (we'll most likely be there, or very close by the first week... Don't want to stay IN town for Fantasy Fest, and all that inherant craziness!)

Mike- we have a few st 90's and 85's rolling around here somewhere...so if you're diving with us, just let us know when you book that you want a bigger tank and we'll make sure you get one. And yes on the nitrox and DIN valves. :)
bluewaterdiving- i'll find out for you...

At our most recent scuba club meeting, we were discussing planing a trip to dive "Ms. V" and the question came up about the dive profile.

As I understand, the ANTICIPATED max depth will be about 120 fsw and the top of the wreck will be apx. 30 fsw. Is this correct?:confused:

Secondly, How much pentration into the wreck will be allowed for qualified divers?:eyebrow:

Finally, what is written on her bow and stern? Is it Greek or Russian or what?:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom