Here she comes....Vandenberg!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

from the looks and the talks with the guys doing the sinking, those holes are not intended for penetration, since I and most of my friends dive caverns and caves we are all trained to have a guideline to open water. I am not sure how this is one on wreck penetrations.

The holes were created/needed for the scuttling, how they get used after that...

There are obvious similarities since they are both 'overhead' environments. I run line similar to a cave dive.

Some of the bigger differences are:

Caves often have one exit, Wrecks usually have multiple exits
Wrecks generally have more entanglement hazards and it is harder to get EMS services if things go bad.

It is 0600 I am about to head down to the Magruder to head out to the site. I have 108 cu ft steel and a 19 cu ft pony. I will be couting the holes on the starboard side mid ships to stern at the sand level. Can't wait!!

Safe dives
trtldvr
Florida Keys Safe Diving Initiative

:thumb:Very cool!

She's going to be an amazing dive site

So when do we go?

Tas and I have a fairly booked summer as it is, but there are a few weekends open...
I don't think I'd have the finances to do the w/e Jrock is in town w/ hotels and all..., Mid august is looking do-able.... but thats right before K&T's Utila extravaganza...

Tas and I have a fairly booked summer as it is, but there are a few weekends open...
I don't think I'd have the finances to do the w/e Jrock is in town w/ hotels and all..., Mid august is looking do-able.... but thats right before K&T's Utila extravaganza...

I have a friend w/ a house in Cudjoe Key we could take over for a weekend, it's not far from Key West at all.

The link is working for me. It freezes up and I have to hit refresh every minute or two though.

It looks like the main sinkthevandenberg.com page is down for exceeding cpu usage or something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom