Hey All

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwntyme

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just wanted to drop a line and say hey. Newbie here getting certified... After jumping out of planes and rapelling out of helicopters in the Army, I thought the next logical step was to go deep.

Looking forward to reading the posts. BTW need a BC, Reg, and Gauges any suggestions... and yes budget is a BIG factor.

Thanks in advance :D

PS

Im in the Pittsburgh PA area if anyone knows a good diving club in the area im all for it.

Hi dwntyme, welcome and good luck with the certification!!

You have made the right choice to go deep. Sorry I can't help with the diving club, unless you want to join a club in Pretoria....

Welcome Aboard and enjoy the ride.

Welcome to Scuba Board! Lots of good info here. Check you local area thread for club info, great place to learn about dive sites and make buddies. As far as gear goes, there is no need to be in a huge hurry to buy a full rig, specially is funds are an issue. You CAN however find some really good deals on used back plates and wings here, and other diving forums. Which lots of people, me included will suggest to start on a BP/W set up. Beg, barrow, and rent as much gear as you can before you start spending money... Welcome the wonderful world of scuba buddy, have fun.
Cheers

PePaw

Thanks and BTW I lived in good ole Clarksvegas for about 6 years and even graduated from the Peay!!!!

Hya Dwyntyme, Not long been on the forum, myself. Still not sure where and how to do what. But . . . I've had some brilliant advice and some interesting opinions here, so .... think you've made a good choice to come here
Neff x x

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom