Hey Aqua Lung, Wake Up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am being treated fairly by my LDS. No question there. Please keep in mind that this is life support equipment and I am expecting a higher standard of quality than what I got. When a company purchases others, they are branding themselves into the new acquisition. The transmitter issue may simply be a batter gone bad early. Who knows? The BC is a complete disappointment for the cost and the hype that came with the marketing.

I have almost the same setup Black Diamond, Vytec DS with a D9 and Black Perl reg and I haven't had a problem with any of them and I have years of diving with them.

They way you have made your assumption we can make our assumption that you we not taking proper care of you equipment since that has happened to you. And Aqualung does not make the batteries they buy them.

They way you should have phased your question in the beginning is “has anybody else had this problem” and went from their.

And if one little equipment malfunction will cause you to die maybe you need better training.

Agree with Dave, Jax, etal. High quality, great customer service.

I have almost the same setup Black Diamond, Vytec DS with a D9 and Black Perl reg and I haven't had a problem with any of them and I have years of diving with them.

They way you have made your assumption we can make our assumption that you we not taking proper care of you equipment since that has happened to you. And Aqualung does not make the batteries they buy them.

They way you should have phased your question in the beginning is “has anybody else had this problem” and went from their.

And if one little equipment malfunction will cause you to die maybe you need better training.

Agree with Dave, Jax, etal. High quality, great customer service.

#1, if your black diamond is a few years old then the pocket design is different so apples and oranges.

#2 I take great care of my equipment as it is my nature to do so and since I spent so much money on it.

1 little equipment malfunction won't cause me to die but the purpose of those pockets if for an emergency so I am more than disappointed in the quality of the product, especially after approximately 50 dives on it. Not something you expect to happen.

My expectations and yours may not match but I certainly have a right to voice my concern over this defect. As far as the batteries are concerned, while not a defect, don't tell me they will last a year or 100-200 dives and then fail after 50. I will gladly change batteries once a year but not twice.

#1, if your black diamond is a few years old then the pocket design is different so apples and oranges.

#2 I take great care of my equipment as it is my nature to do so and since I spent so much money on it.

1 little equipment malfunction won't cause me to die but the purpose of those pockets if for an emergency so I am more than disappointed in the quality of the product, especially after approximately 50 dives on it. Not something you expect to happen.

My expectations and yours may not match but I certainly have a right to voice my concern over this defect. As far as the batteries are concerned, while not a defect, don't tell me they will last a year or 100-200 dives and then fail after 50. I will gladly change batteries once a year but not twice.

jar546 it fine to voice you opinion on what may or may not be a defect but have some facts to back it up. Coming out with Hey Aqua Lung, Wake Up is totally uncalled for, as you proved my point "if your black diamond is a few years old then the pocket design is different so apples and oranges." there quality has been good so far, and you can't prove you did or didn't damage the pocket.
As for the receiver did you follow the spec as far as usage and battery life? And most of the time the batteries last as long or longer.

Apparently the pockets are on backorder for the black diamond. Wonder why?

Hey Aqua-Lung, Wake up and start keeping stock if you are going to be manufacturing sub-par gear.

Well, the story I heard was a cargo ship was turned back to port, resulting in delayed deliveries. The story came from our ScubaPro rep, which also has a lot of items on BO.

Of course, that information is available when we place an order. The fact that you are only now receiving this info causes me to suspect your order was not placed until very recently.

Yanno..... A good LDS would have a min qty at which they'd place an order to assure they had stock.

Sorry to hear about your tough times with Aqualung... All the shops I have worked in with Auqualung for rental gear is where I have had the most service experience. If I was you I would ditch the Aqualung gear and go with Oceanic. I have 2800 dives on my Oceanic Excursion and around 700 on my new Islander both with no major issues(slight rust bleeding on the D-rings on my Excursion). If you stay with Aqualung best of luck!

Apparently the pockets are on backorder for the black diamond. Wonder why?

Hey Aqua-Lung, Wake up and start keeping stock if you are going to be manufacturing sub-par gear.

(Please note... this is my personal opinion, and in no way represents SB.)

You know... It's funny how you're screaming and yelling for Aqua Lung to wake up. I mean seriously pal. There's always one.

You should be happy that the company has taken the time to even notice you when you've been nothing short of rude the entire time.

You accuse one of the top equipment manufacturers of sub-par gear, and quite frankly, hardly anyone else agrees with you. What's the problem here?

You know... in reality.... when I was in retail for 12 years (as a store owner), it's always the loud mouth who is the one who broke the item themselves, and expects that by yelling and screaming a lot, he'll get something for free that he doesn't deserve.

16 lb Sure-Lock pockets with one 2 lbs in each. Yeah, I broke it..............................

Maybe they can spend more money on quality for the plastic handles that fall off.

LDS is doing their part although they should keep more stock for quick replacement on defective equipment like this from /Aqua-Lung Seaquest.

12 years in retail? Retired from it after making a good living?

Sorry to hear about your tough times with Aqualung... All the shops I have worked in with Auqualung for rental gear is where I have had the most service experience. If I was you I would ditch the Aqualung gear and go with Oceanic. I have 2800 dives on my Oceanic Excursion and around 700 on my new Islander both with no major issues(slight rust bleeding on the D-rings on my Excursion). If you stay with Aqualung best of luck!

What about the bad batch of pocket they received when there subcontractor over cook the plastic part in the pockets and they were breaking all the time. Funny this is your first post

16 lb Sure-Lock pockets with one 2 lbs in each. Yeah, I broke it..............................

Maybe they can spend more money on quality for the plastic handles that fall off.

LDS is doing their part although they should keep more stock for quick replacement on defective equipment like this from /Aqua-Lung Seaquest.

12 years in retail? Retired from it after making a good living?

Why don't they give you pocket out of the store bcd? Maybe because you did break it. To quote you from your profile.
Dive Equipment
It is quality stuff. Cold weather gear

Please remove the marines from you profile you whine to much to be a real one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom