Hey From NC, relatively new to diving, always looking for info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do most of my diving out of Morehead City, I'll second what Ryan is saying. Really good diving right here in NC. Nothing like diving with the sand tigers

Welcome! Both of my children were certified at or about age 12 and both are in their late teens now. My wife is also certified and we have enjoyed diving as a family. I hope you and your son have just as rewarding of an experience! As for Bahamas, you might look into some of the live aboard boats out of Nassau. They get you away from the touristy shark dives (unless thats your thing) and off the beaten path to a greater degree. The Blackbeard/Cat Ppalu boats and the Avalon run out of the same marina (or did last June) and are easy to get to, relatively inexpensive and have years worth of experience in the Bahamas. There are other live aboards that run trips out of West Palm Beach (or used to) and the Juliet which runs trips in the Keys, Bahamas and all over the Caribbean. Several of these companies are US based, running out of Miami.

Don't forget freshwater options: river dives, cenotes, and guided cavern dives for some of the clearest waters; quarries, lakes and strip mining pits anywhere coal has been mined. When you are a new diver, you are told that 2/3 (or 3/4 depending on the cert agency) of the world is water. Don't forget that a lot of it is fresh! Good luck with your trip planning and welcome to the rest of the world!

Back
Top Bottom