Hey Mares -Did you know your Force Snap knife is a direct knock off of a Buck Knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00wabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Mares Force Snap
mares_acc_force_snap.jpg

Buck Revolution
f_73498_1.jpg

Here's as copy of the Patent for you. Fixed-blade knife with pivotable side pieces
I'm the first named inventor.

themoreyouknow.jpg

Perhaps Buck Knives, the assignee of the patent, licensed it?

I am pretty sure Buck didn't license it. I no longer work for Buck. I just thought it was funny. These things happen when you buy from overseas. They will sell you knockoffs and you may not even know it.

As one of the designers of the knife. - one the one hand "Imitation is the sincerest form or flattery". On the other hand we put a lot of thought and hard work into it.

I've picked up a few knock offs of knives I designed at gas stations where they have the cheap $5 knives at the counter. I am making a small collection of them.

As one of the designers of the knife. - one the one hand "Imitation is the sincerest form or flattery". On the other hand we put a lot of thought and hard work into it.

on the other hand, stealing is the cheapest form of innovation

If Buck didn't license it, this is very funny. Almost as funny as putting a suicide clip on a dive knife. I do like the design for other uses, though...elegant solution to the lock failure problem while retaining the convenience of a folder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom