Hi. A cold water Puget Sound diver here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

You're a few months older than me and use a wet suit there? What is it, a 15 mil - with 40 pounds of lead?!

don
:D

No Kidding, my suit is only 6.5 mil, high waist pants and jacket. Total of 13 mil in the torso. I'm 6 feet, but only 165 lbs. So all I need is 22 pounds of lead. When using my Alum 80, I throw on another 4 pound tank weight. All of this is for salt water, of course. Indeed, I often think I am overweighted at that. My suit is made from Rubatex, G-231N neoprene, which is considered the finest there is. That means it doesn't crush nearly as much as cheaper rubbers at depth. Also, it is all smooth skin on the inside, so the entire suit including the hood acts as a seal against water intrusion. A regular wet suit probably wouldn't be nearly as warm.

Back
Top Bottom