Hi. A cold water Puget Sound diver here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
:wink: Hi. I'm a cold water diver from Washington state. I have never dove in warm water. And believe it or not I still use a wet suit. Any other Pacific Northwest divers on here? Let me know what's new. Paul.

welcome aboard

(let's take up a collection to buy you a dry suit :wink:)

Hi Paul

I'm from Salem (50 miles south of Vancouver, WA for those of you east of the Rockies). What's new you ask? I was certified in 1978 but just got back into diving last fall. What's new is BIG steel tanks and computers. WhooHooo!

Lots of great diving in the NW but I went to Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Belize in February and now I'm spoiled. I can't think of anything else. I'm going to start going the the Caribbean twice a year now. I'm heading to Sechelt, BC Canada next weekend. Now that's great cold-water diving! 45 degrees is pretty cold water isn't it Snowbear?

bertschb:
45 degrees is pretty cold water isn't it Snowbear?
Depends on your perspective, I suppose. I'm still diving in 37-40F water. You would be surprised how warm 45F feels :D
2 weeks from today I should be on the road somewhere between Yukon Territory and WA State - WooHoo!!

Actually, I dive in a mountain lake here in Oregon and it was 37 degrees when I was there last fall. I have a nice dry suit with great undergarments (and dry gloves) so 40-50 degree water doesn't bother me at all. What bothers me is having to wear all the gear to stay warm. It was really weird wearing almost nothing in the tropics. I always fealt like I was forgetting something before I jumped in the water. Then, when I got back to Oregon I forgot my dry suit inflator hose. That really ticked me off. I hate making mistakes! That taught me a great lesson though.

DiveKitty68:
hello and welcome to SB. you are a brave man....or crazy;-)
It's really neither. I've lived in the Pacific Northwest all my life. I've never traveled to "exotic, warm" locations. So when I took my lessons in 1983, cold water is all I knew about, and I'm used to it. Now I say "cold water", but I didn't say that I was cold. It all depends on the quality of suit you wear, whether wet or dry. I do just fine in 50 degree water for two dives in one day. :dazzler1:

scubaduber:
It's really neither. I've lived in the Pacific Northwest all my life. I've never traveled to "exotic, warm" locations. So when I took my lessons in 1983, cold water is all I knew about, and I'm used to it. Now I say "cold water", but I didn't say that I was cold. It all depends on the quality of suit you wear, whether wet or dry. I do just fine in 50 degree water for two dives in one day. :dazzler1:
:wink: just giving you a little good-natured ribbin'. I think I'm going to turn into a warm water wuss myself.

scubaduber:
:wink: Hi. I'm a cold water diver from Washington state. I have never dove in warm water. And believe it or not I still use a wet suit. Any other Pacific Northwest divers on here? Let me know what's new. Paul.
Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

You're a few months older than me and use a wet suit there? What is it, a 15 mil - with 40 pounds of lead?!

don
:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom