Hi All, Long Island Diver New To The Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello rose,
i am also a new board member, and new to diving, do you do alot of long island diving, ive heard of some places but if you can give me any advice that would be great. welcome to the board, maybe ill see ya in the waters.

CARZYDIVER:
Hello rose,
i am also a new board member, and new to diving, do you do alot of long island diving, ive heard of some places but if you can give me any advice that would be great. welcome to the board, maybe ill see ya in the waters.

I started diving wrecks 2 years ago and am still learning. There are many good dive shops on LI with great instructors. I learned at Dannys Dive Shop in Baldwin, on Grand Ave. I was certified at Beach 9th St. If you can dive in NY you can dive anywhere, so they say. Since then I've gone to Cape Ann, Morehead CIty in NC, Florida and the Caymans. I love Florida and Cayman diving. Its all been a great learning experience and I've met some wonderful people. I bet you'll love diving. After you're certified, the Eagles Nest will take new divers out on Sunday's for 1/2 day trips and shallower dives. I'm sure there are other boats that do the same. :dazzler1:

Welcome fellow LI divers! Be sure to check out the Wreck Valley Forum on this board. We will be diving pretty much every weekend either at Dutch Springs, on a boat or beach dives. If you are looking for someone to dive, there is always someone willing to go.

TTSkipper

rose251:
I started diving wrecks 2 years ago and am still learning. There are many good dive shops on LI with great instructors. I learned at Dannys Dive Shop in Baldwin, on Grand Ave. I was certified at Beach 9th St. If you can dive in NY you can dive anywhere, so they say. Since then I've gone to Cape Ann, Morehead CIty in NC, Florida and the Caymans. I love Florida and Cayman diving. Its all been a great learning experience and I've met some wonderful people. I bet you'll love diving. After you're certified, the Eagles Nest will take new divers out on Sunday's for 1/2 day trips and shallower dives. I'm sure there are other boats that do the same. :dazzler1:

THATS COOL, IM GETTING CERTIFIED NOW, WAITING FOR MY OW DIVES, WITH DIVE INC, IN ROCKVILLE CENTRE, THANKS FOR THE ADVICE CIAO

TTSkipper:
Carzydiver, I got certified with Dive Inc last year, great group of instructors and a nice shop. Who is your instructor for class?

Hey skipper,
yeah the guys there are great, my instructor is john, they are really helpfull, darryl is great too, are you part of the dive club? i think im going to join once my certification is done. its nice to know there are alot of local divers, (cool) maybe ill see ya there one day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom