hi everyone - squirrelly girl about to get wet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watersquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
:scuba: Hi everyone, my name is Shelley and I'm the new kid on the block. Just signed up for scuba lessons and my classes begin on July 1. I'm very excited and looking forward to diving. I've love water since I was a child, and finally get to do what I've wanted to do for a long time.
I live in Memphis, TN (I know a long way from diving territory) but the dive shop I will be a member of has great trips.
I'm a large woman and I am interested in any suggestions anyone has to help me with equipment or experiences,
Looking forward to talking and making new friends on the scuba board.
see you in the water!
bye for now

Welcome to the board...

It's great to hear you're so excited about diving.

Something that made diving more enjoyable for me was finding a comfortable wetsuit. The rentals were ok for class but having a comfortable suit made all the difference. Fortunately my dive shop carries a wide variety of sizes - I'm large too. Even so, I had to have the one I bought altered (I'm short) but it was great to have it for the open water dives.

Maybe I'll see you on a trip!!

Aquagal
(Luisa)

Hello Shelley and welcome aboard.

There are many divers on this board from the land-locked states who travel to do any warm water diving. Sounds like you've already found a local dive shop you're comfortable with. Joining their group trips is a great way to get started diving and to meet other divers in your area.

Have fun with your OW class.

Look everyone, it's Shelly from the block!

Sorry but had to throw that in. :)

Welcome and check out the women only board. There's been some discussions there about plus size women gear.

Have fun with your classes and hope to see you around the board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom