Hi everyone !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaymanDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello to all fellow divers !
I am looking forward to learning from all of you as I am a new diver (certified in the summer of 2002) and have not had much opportunity to dive since being certified. Am planning a re-fresher course at spring thaw.
As my moniker indicates, I have been diving in the Caymans and love it there ! Also, dove in the Florida Keys (Molasses Reef; City of Washington; "Creature Feature" with Capt. Slate).
Will be purchasing equipment (BC, reg & computer) within the month and would appreciate any advice, recommendations & "stay away froms" you have to offer.
Look forward to chatting with you.
CaymanDiver in Oklahoma

welcome to the board CaymanDiver. There is lots of information in the equipment section here, you might want to start browsing in there:)

Hi, and welcome to a great sport. Just some advice on your equipment from a diver with over 30 years experience. Don' skimp on your Regulator and your BC. I would advise against buying used equipment and buy the best equipment you can afford. I have travelled the world and often find that Aqualung regulators are often the easiest regulators to get serviced around the world. Posiedon is a great regulator but it is very hard to get parts sometimes or service in many parts of the world. The legend LX is a very good regulator, veery easy breathing down to 130 feet and is micro adjustable. Weight intigration is a good thing to have on your BCD.
Hope this gives you a start to your dive shop experience.

Yours in Diving, James A. Cormeir CSE, CD

Welcome Cayman, from another new diver and member of this board. The best thing to do for equipment is shop, shop, shop. Try on everything from as many different companies as possible. I personally ended up buying, after 6 months of shopping, Scubapro Knighthawk BC with AIR2, Scubapro MK25/S600 reg, and Suunto Vytec dive comp. If you have any questions, ask away. I'll answer the best I can.

Tom

welcome you can learn allot and dont be affraid to ask questions

Welcome to the boards!:D

we (my dad and i) got our bc's at the dive store we got our confined water training at. they were used pro qd's i forget who makes them, and looked new execpt for m-2, and m-4 of the tank straps, they were very well priced. checkout stoors for sales, and used stuff. but know what to buy, and what no too.

Try to get your own BC and Regulator, when you go for oversea diving. Especially in the asian regions, some of the equipments provided by them really sucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom