Hi from Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We arrive tomorrow and hope our week is as good as yours!

Thanks for the day by day updates. Sorry we will miss you tomorrow by a few hours. Maybe next time.

We dive with 5mm wetsuits, and I have a hood/beanie. Water temp is 80-81 but if you do multiple days with multiple dives you will get colder as the week goes along.

robin

I used a 3mm full for Coz last year and it was perfect.

wow.... i was diving for 2 weeks in the same temps with just a rash guard to keep the BCD from rubbing. a 3mil and 5 mil with hood? just wow

wow.... i was diving for 2 weeks in the same temps with just a rash guard to keep the BCD from rubbing. a 3mil and 5 mil with hood? just wow

At 79-80 degrees I dive with a 3 mil full + 3 mil hooded vest that has a 7 mil hood, and can still get chilly if I do 3-4 dives in one day. On the same dive trips, there are people in just bathing suits and rash guards, people in shorties, people in 1 mil full suits, and occasionally people with even more neoprene than me. Thermal protection needs are so individual that it's useless to compare what one person needs vs. another. Kind of like weighting needs, you need what you need to be comfortable and have a safe dive. Count yourself lucky that you're not one of us thermally challenged people who travels with more neoprene than clothing! :D

The SCC webcam time is one hour behind CDT.

I saw somewhere that Coz is just going to daylight savings time either this past week or this week.

Yes, really. The only people who we saw wearing rash guards all week were a couple of teens who swim around like maniacs for the morning 2 dives, then sit in hammocks the rest of day. The divers who go slow and don't kick up the bottom are all wearing wetsuits, either 3mm or 5mm.

Well... we are packing right now.. boo.
I finished with 23 dives, and Ron had 25 for the week. We are both pooped but got lots of photos and videos. I will try to have a trip report up on our website sometime next week. Home tomorrow..:depressed:

robin

Well... we are packing right now.. boo.
I finished with 23 dives, and Ron had 25 for the week. We are both pooped but got lots of photos and videos. I will try to have a trip report up on our website sometime next week. Home tomorrow..:depressed:

robin

Goodbye Robin & Ron.. It was great meeting you, sharing stories and diving with you this week. I had a great time. Hope to do it again in the future !!

Travel safe !

Chris

robin.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom