Hi from Denver, CO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmcmah

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have been a longtime reader of the site, but finally decided to register. I have been diving for a very long time, but there have also been very long breaks during those 25 years. I have finally decided to get back into it seriously and have been looking for decent diving in the Rocky Mountain area.

Part of my motivation is my 10-year old, who knowing how much I enjoy diving, decided that he wanted to get certified as well. He completed his certification this summer and so far we have been to the Aurora Reservoir to get wet. I have contemplated Carter Lake and Horsetooth Reservoir for a change. He did his open water dives as Homestead, so we're not averse to driving.

I addition to being the best diver and buddy I can be for my son, I am also interested in diving as much as possible with others, even when the weather turns cold.

Hopefully someone can suggest good diving destinations not too far away for driving as well, as I am not going to be doing much plane traveling for the foreseeable future.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Welcome to the board Michael! I'm sure suggestions will be coming from some of the members. It is a very helpful bunch!

The Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM is about 6 hours south of you. It’s unique enough to make it worth the drive if you’ve never been there.

Welcome, and congrats to you both!

Let me know if you ever get to the MO/AR region!!

DW

Welcome and congrats to your son, I'm actually vacationing up in Avon. Would be willing to dive with yall if I was altitude certified, at least youre wet again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom