Hi from Gainesville, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPSEAWOLF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been PADI Cert for OW for two years but haven't been able to get wet much due to lack of a buddy. My wife will be taking her NAUI Cert class at the end of this month to solve that problem. :) My fav Local shop is Water World, where the service and staff are excellent. They have great gear and know what they are doing with it! Since I am helping my wife prep for her class, I have realized the intensity of NAUI versus PADI and will be soon getting my crossover. NAUI is just so much more thorough!
I dive mostly in the springs, like I said, no buddy, so most is just free diving. My fav places are Manatee Springs State Park... 5 bucks to SCUBA, and Rum Island County Park... free and no buddy restrictions. I go to Rum Island when my buddies have failed me and I am refusing to return another full tank with a seal intact! Even if max depth is 15 feet!
My info should be visible, if not, send me an email to AdamsKD@Bellsouth.net
Get Wet often!
Ken "TMBRWLF" Adams

Hey- My fiance and I are moving to the Gainesville area this spring so she can attend classes at UF.

Hopefully I can pick your brain for some more good dive sites.

Welcome to the board.

Scott

Welcome to the board.

DEEPSEAWOLF--

I don't have much to add or offer since I am only gettting my certification next weekend (and my buddy and I live in Melbourne if you and your wife ever travel south), but I just had to give you a big THUMBS UP on you signature!!! I got a big chuckle out of it. Dune is one of my all time favorite movies!

Ok...and now back to our regularly scheduled show...

Laurel

Yes, the sig is quite funny. You can never have enough Frank Herbert fans.....

Greetings and welcome to Scubaboard!

There is an online game that I play and that is a sig one of the guys uses and I fell in love with it. That's why I quoted him at the bottom "CL-Q". MY wife is a major Dune fan.
As for diving, she will be hitting the springs and Rainbow River during the October 4-5 weekend. After that, we will be up for dives on Saturday Mornings primarilly.
I work 4pm-midnight and she works days so co-ordinating a schedule is nasty. I am usually up for morning dives anywhere in this area if anyone else is available.
I have all gear except and Air delivery system and tanks. We are still amassing gear for the wife.
I will be changing the sig occasionally just for fun so stay tuned.
You should see the rear door of my van... six scuba stickers among the 13 on the van and a customized plate... "TMBRWLF"
See y'all in the water.... Hey y'all watch this!

Greetings from a fellow Floridian. Damn shame 'bout our gators this past weekend.

i am not an avid football fan, but I have never heard people around me grumbling as much as with that loss? WHEW! Talk about ticked off fans! These are the times ya DON'T want to be in town!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom