Hi from Georgia/info on kids and cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamomma

Reaction score
Hi,

My family was certified this weekend. We had great instructors! Does anyone else have young children that scuba? Mine are 11 and 13 years. They did awesome!

I am looking into purchasing a camera-any suggestions? I would like to get the most for my money-preferably a digital.
I think I like the reefmaster 310. :dazzler1:

hi , my son follows me in scuba love,we both pased our open water and advanced open water in egypt last year. my son (who is 14) has just recently passed his rescue diver course thereby surpassing me in qualifications.he has now decided to become an instructor when he finishes school and travel the world.i'm glad to helped him find something he loves doing(at last)which will shape his future. congrats on getting certified.sorry cannt help with camera selection

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Aloha and welcome aboard!

scubamomma:
I am looking into purchasing a camera-any suggestions? I would like to get the most for my money-preferably a digital.
I think I like the reefmaster 310. :dazzler1:

Go over to the UW Photography forum, there is a thread on getting started with UW Photography and camera tips.

http://www.scubaboard.com/t46508.html

I also want to mention it would be wise to work on your diving skills before you get serious with photography.
Aloha,
Justleesa

THanks for the link-great info! Since i am a new diver, I agree with you that I should work on my skills. But, if I have a point and shoot camera, will it be that hard to use? I hate to go on my vacation (Turks and Caicos) and not take any photos--I might never get to go back there! : ) I am a photo taking nut, but not really a serious photographer.
THank you again!
justleesa:
Aloha and welcome aboard!

Go over to the UW Photography forum, there is a thread on getting started with UW Photography and camera tips.

http://www.scubaboard.com/t46508.html

I also want to mention it would be wise to work on your diving skills before you get serious with photography.
Aloha,
Justleesa

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Ask anything - in the appropriate forum, and we'll make up an answer...

don

:D

scubamomma:
But, if I have a point and shoot camera, will it be that hard to use?
What usually happens is that you will concentrate on what you want to photograph and your bouyancy kinda gets screwed up. Not saying that you won't get any good pictures...but not saying you will either :D. Just becareful of the reef and everything that is around you. I have seen people getting major urchin damage, eel bite etc because they get so lost in taking pictures.
Also remember if you get a digital camera you will have some lag time and every thing over 3 feet away will be blue....so get as close as you can.
Aloha and good luck,
Lisa

Glad you found us! This is a great place to spend your SI, but watch out, it's addictive!

Check out the Photography forum for advice on what camera. You might wait a bit (and do a lot of research first) making sure you've got your diving skills down, so you don't have too many issues when you go to take your pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom