Hi from Maine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

linc213

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
From the Bangor area.....I have been reading this forum a lot lately and decided to give it a go as there is a huge amount of information here. I got my OW in 1990 and AOW while in the Navy. I dove a lot in the 90's. After the service, for several years I worked as a commercial diver, mostly inland with a couple years in the GOM. Recreational diving took a back seat for several years. I did try to get some in while vacationing in Grand Cayman, Cozumel and most recently, the Dominican Republic.

I am hoping to meet some divers in the area and would someday like to get a club or something going. I miss it. Unfortunately none of the dive buddies I had still dive and the closest shop is an hour away.

Sorry for the long winded first post.

Welcome and welcome back.

Welcome back! Not familiar with the dive scene in the Bangor area but there are quite a few of us actively diving in the southern Maine area and most of the coast. Shouldn't be too hard to find some new buddies. If you are on Facebook there are a couple groups where people are posting dives and a meetup group as well. Feel free to PM me for details.

Thanks everyone, I'm actually having a tough time finding buddies in this area. I don't have a Facebook account but may have to start one. Trying to get my coworker to get certified. I went to the closest shop by me to drop gear off to get serviced and asked about clubs etc. but he seemed kinda of bothered.

Hi linc213 and welcome to SB. I'm from Presque Isle, about 2.5 hours north of you.

@ram04769. Thanks, I have many friends from that neck of the woods. How's the diving up there?[/QUOTE
How's it going? I really can't answer much about the diving up this way because I've only just this past Wednesday did my first dive in Maine. Dove Nickerson Lake in the Houlton area and had a beautiful day for it. The visibility was limited to about 15 to 20 feet at best, but still a very nice and relaxing dive. There wasn't much activity on the lake being that it was the middle of the week. So the lack of activity on the water made it that much more relaxing and enjoyable. There is a thermocline just below 20'. So, without having a dry suit, we pretty much stuck to the 20-25' foot depth. Our 7mm suits were perfect throughout the dive though. I am definitely going to have to go back to do more exploration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom