Hi from Malta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

finnyfinfin

Reaction score
Gosh, posting in here is like designing your own web site :wink:
This is the first message board where there are actually messages in the threads from users as opposed to threads started by the moderators and never added too, that's just great. It shows that divers have more to say than your average boarder (he he) Anyway, I'd just like to say hi and to introduce myself. My name is Alyson and I live in Malta where the weather right now is great, the water is sufficiently warm for me to come OUT of my dry suit and into my two piece - allbeit they are both 7mm (and also too tight ~ lack of diving over the winter months) but the c's will start to climb here now, the lbs/kilos will fall and the 2piece will become the 1 piece.

I've just invested in a new Nikon and can't wait to try it out, the vis here this weekend was great but we had the pleasure of taking my youngest daughter for her first dive (she's on the Jnr OW) as the age restrictions for Malta have now changed - which is great because she's participated in so many PADI Bubble Makers whilst on holiday that I could have bought the dive centre!

I am fairly new to underwater photography and will be investing in the 'Underwater Photography for Dummies' book very soon, but if ANYONE has any tips or tricks that would help please do let me in on them. AND PLEASE do drop by our site and give your opinions, I too have a message forum, you'll see a link on the hompage - top left hand corner.

Many thanks!

Hi Finnyfinfin, welcome to the Board.

I had a look at your website. Good work and good ideas!

As for tips for using that new Nikon, you'll find plenty of pointers in the Underwater Photography section of this board.

It sounds like you have lots of diving experience to share. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Hi finnyfinfin. Welcome to SB. Had a peek into your site. Hope to swap ideas with you someday.

love2godeep:
Hi Finnyfinfin, welcome to the Board.

I had a look at your website. Good work and good ideas!

As for tips for using that new Nikon, you'll find plenty of pointers in the Underwater Photography section of this board.

It sounds like you have lots of diving experience to share. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Hey how nice, glad to haer from you and thanks for the comment on my site :wink:

Wonderful day here today, sea's a little on the choppy side but that never stopped me getting wet, what DID stop me today was the call of the supermarket and the car really needed a wash and vaccum... gotta go might be on for a night dive

finnyfinfin:
Hey how nice, glad to haer from you and thanks for the comment on my site :wink:

Howdy,
I was trying to figure out where Malta was that would require a Dry Suit... figured all Med water was warm....

site looks good, my only comment and it's probably due to my browers MyIE2 was the text was hard to see... either too small or yellow on black... and could also be on my end.. just incase you get other comments... wouldn't worry about it..

Good luck with the photo journey, it's a slippery slope indeed.. but well worth it..

Dry suit in Malta.. heheh.. who would have guessed... :wink:

welcome aboard, finnyfinfin and fpoole (ok try saying that real fast).

hope to hear more from both of you in our undewater photography forums!

Howdy Alyson!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom