Hi from NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caniac

Registered
Reaction score
I've been certified for 2 years and am finally getting around to buying my own equipment. Almost every item I've been looking at has a SB review and I have been learning a lot from this group, so I decided to join. Looking forward to being a part of this great community.

Welcome to the board.

Where are you at in NC. There are a bunch of us in the greater Raleigh area that are sctive divers, some of us are diving somewhere most any weekend. Always room for another diver.

I am in the Raleigh area and am looking to do some diving locally once I get my gear. So far all my diving has been in the Caribbean. I imagine it will be a different experience here.

I am in the Raleigh area and am looking to do some diving locally once I get my gear. So far all my diving has been in the Caribbean. I imagine it will be a different experience here.

That, my friend, is like saying a pigs posterior is pork. Welcome aboard,

Well, 2 suggestions. Join NC Divers, the link is in my sig line and the Down Under dive club. Between the 2 there are a lot of active divers, plenty of buddies to be had. I have not looked recently but there is usually a "I'm going to the quarry to dive on XXX, any body what to come" thread going most of the time.

I will be taking the buoyancy class with Down Under in a couple of weeks. I am hoping it doesn't cool off too much more before then. What thickness wetsuit do you think I would need for the quarry? I don't meet with the instructor until next week.

I will also check out the ncdivers website - thanks for the tip.

I will be taking the buoyancy class with Down Under in a couple of weeks. I am hoping it doesn't cool off too much more before then. What thickness wetsuit do you think I would need for the quarry? I don't meet with the instructor until next week.

I will also check out the ncdivers website - thanks for the tip.

Over here in the Hickory area quarry's, the thermocline hits right about 25' so for most, a 3mm is good down to @ 20-25'... I can tolerate it down to 55' and it has dropped down to the high 50's at that point but in a 3mm its gets cold fast so if yalls is like ours, dress warm or dress dry...!

and welcome to NC...

lee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom