Hi from New Zealand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kapiti Diver

Registered
Reaction score
I have been diving for nearly five years now and as I live by the sea and own my own boat am fortunate enough to have logged close on 300 sea dives since starting back in December 1998.

I still get a great buzz from diving and have just come back from diving wrecks in the Solomon Islands (2nd year running).

I am particularly fascinatesd in the USS Aaron Ward (DD-483) which I believe is the only diveable destroyer in the Pacific. She sits upright on sand at 70 metres (yes that is metres) and I have now dived her 7 times on compressed air.

With a bit of encouragement I would be happy to start a thread on this subject in the Wreck forum if anyone is interested as there are lots of issues to be dealt with when planning and executing dives at this depth.. and I would be happy to share what I have learnt. I believe I am one of about only 250 divers who have dived this wreck, discovered by New Zealanders in 1994.

Welcome to Scuba Board - a fun place to compare, argue, etc. :hi:

I've love to read about your adventures, including your 200+ fsw dives (you understand most of us are U.S. and highly illiterate in metric? :loopy: ) but those particular reports might fit better in Tech Forum. Look around, and see what you think.

Either way, I'll look forward to your input. :thumb:

don

To the scuba board!
Glad you swam in.
I also would like to read about your adventure's. The first thing I think of is your time on the bottom must be short ? did you use double's. and what was your deco stops like. Mike

It is a good thing that we can dive after the All Blacks went down in the semis, otherwise I would still be crying.. ;-0

Cheers Big Ears,
The Thunder from Down Under,
The Gasman

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom