Hi, from Port Chester, NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DarkAquarius

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello Everyone!
My name is Daniel (aka DarkAquarius). I'm not yet a diver, but I'm very interested in starting. I was introduced to this beautiful sport by a good friend and colleague, Jack (Twistedarts). I hope to meet many divers and understand more about this sport/hobby. I'm not very good with words, but just wanted to say hello.
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to SB! Are you planning to get certified any time soon? Scuba diving is so much fun! It so easier than most people think! I am more comfortable underwater now than I am on the surface :)!

Hiya Daniel and welcome to SB. Your buddy is getting you into a great sport. Surprised he didn't give you a link to the NY forum... Here ya go: North Eastern United States - ScubaBoard Hope to see you diving soon. Cheers.

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to SB! Are you planning to get certified any time soon? Scuba diving is so much fun! It so easier than most people think! I am more comfortable underwater now than I am on the surface :)!

I'm planning on getting certified soon, and going to do my open water exit dive in the Caribbean this December. I hope all goes smooth.
Thanks for your support.

I'm planning on getting certified soon, and going to do my open water exit dive in the Caribbean this December. I hope all goes smooth.
Thanks for your support.

I always have a class starting soon.Located in Yonkers,so only maybe 15/20 minutes away .I teach at the only facility that has its own indoor heated pool in the area.We have a policy of that you take your class here and get your gear here any time you wish to use the pool, once you are certified, you may at no charge.Also if you get your regulator/bcd serviced here and wish to try it in pool-no charge for use of pool.
Because of owning our own pool we do not have to live with a rental pool schedule.Access to pool is 24/7 for us.No one else in area has that flexibility.
Classes are scheduled 4 ways.One is on the weekend,Fri-7pm to 11pm/Sat/Sun 9am to 5pm..Schedule 2 is Tues/Thurs @ 7pm to 11pm for 3 weeks and schedule 3 is Wednesday 7pm to 11pm for 6 weeks.Schedule 4 is private.You name the day and time.PM me if interested for a tour of the facility or wish to schedule a course.

Pretty sweet set-up Oly. :)

Hiya Daniel and welcome to SB. Your buddy is getting you into a great sport. Surprised he didn't give you a link to the NY forum... Here ya go: North Eastern United States - ScubaBoard Hope to see you diving soon. Cheers.

Thank you Tracy!

I always have a class starting soon.Located in Yonkers,so only maybe 15/20 minutes away .I teach at the only facility that has its own indoor heated pool in the area.We have a policy of that you take your class here and get your gear here any time you wish to use the pool, once you are certified, you may at no charge.Also if you get your regulator/bcd serviced here and wish to try it in pool-no charge for use of pool.
Because of owning our own pool we do not have to live with a rental pool schedule.Access to pool is 24/7 for us.No one else in area has that flexibility.
Classes are scheduled 4 ways.One is on the weekend,Fri-7pm to 11pm/Sat/Sun 9am to 5pm..Schedule 2 is Tues/Thurs @ 7pm to 11pm for 3 weeks and schedule 3 is Wednesday 7pm to 11pm for 6 weeks.Schedule 4 is private.You name the day and time.PM me if interested for a tour of the facility or wish to schedule a course.

Oly,
i will be steering him by SNY. did my academics there and I refer the locals to ya!

Thank you Tracy!

Oly,
i will be steering him by SNY. did my academics there and I refer the locals to ya!

I thought that you may have been there at some time...who knows maybe I was your instructor..Let me know when you'all are coming by. How is your Chief of Police doing up there? I hear there were some issues.From what I know he is a good guy.Too bad all the politics that are going on there.

Thanks! I'll definitely will take that into good consideration. I'll PM you once I figure out a few things. I think around Mid November.

Thanks! I'll definitely will take that into good consideration. I'll PM you once I figure out a few things. I think around Mid November.

If you are planning to start in mid Nov(2 weeks away) then stop by the store THIS week,there is reading,watching a dvd video and homework to be completed before you come to class. Must have work done before attending class. You will need to purchase a crewpak and dvd to participate.At that time I will give you access to do homeworks online for free so that you will have no need to tear pages out of your book.These homeworks will be collected during course.I will be there quite a bit this week as the manager is at DEMA and I will be opening or closeing the store all week.I have open spots available on a weekend schedule starting on Nov20Friday night .
I can also schedule private at your request.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom