Hi there, I'm a Brazilian novice diver, new to SB.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Samuel Rodrigues

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello there!

I am a novice diver from Brazil, I'm doing a qualify test for Advanced Diver over here, in a local divecenter certified by PADI.

My plan is to develop in diving and become a technical diver, but no rush for it, I'm thinking of a 5 years planning.

I'm addicted to learn about diving tech/ gear, and I'm building my dive personal gear.

If anybody wanna chat about diving (I know some fine places here in Brazil), be welcome!

Best,

Samuel Rodrigues

I'll answer in english so anyone may understand...

I'm living in Praia Grande, a city in the south coast of São Paulo (near Santos).

I already did dive in Santos/SP a couple of times ('Laje de Santos') and in Angra dos Reis/RJ (Ilha Grande).

I don't know all the forum rules, so I don't know if I can give you my msn in a post...

Hi Samuel,

Tudo Bem? Well, that is about the extent of my Portuguese :)

I am a PADI master scuba diver (and soon to be divemaster) with 70 dives, and I am also looking to venture into technical diving. Like you, I am more than willing to obtain the proper instruction and take my time, although I did do my first cave last week in Mexico.

I will be in Sao Paulo from Dec 9 - 18, 2011 and I am looking for someone to dive with. Can you recommend a dive shop for me to go diving with, I was thinking of diving Ilha Grande, but I am open to suggestions.

Also, perhaps you want to go diving one of those days too :)

Tchau

Olá Samuca! Tudo em ordem? Sou a Marcia e vivo na Tailandia. Quando quiser dar um pulinho até aqui, será muito bem-vindo! Meu sobrinho Denis, que mora na capital no bairro do Morumbi vem nos meados de dezembro fazer o avançado dele comigo. Vai ser show!

Hi Nimoh!

Good to hear that!

I'll be in vaccations from Dec 5 - 15th, and I'm planning to finish my pratical test to Advanced in a trip in 16-18 Dec... this would be in Ilha Grande,Angra do Reis ( Rio de Janeiro ). If you wish, I may tell you more about it.

Nevertheless, there are plenty of good spots to dive over here. The most famous are Fernando de Noronha e Abrolhos. Fantastic ones, but very expensive. Also, Arraial do Cado has a good reputation for a more reasonable price.

Let's continue this chat, we may trade XP's and why not diving along?!

Best,
Sam

Oi Márcia, tudo em paz! E vc?
Obrigado pela hospitalidade... Tailandia seria fantástico, mas quem sabe em 2012, por enquanto não dá.
De qualquer forma um forte abraço pra você e pro Denis e vamos seguir nos falando!!!

One of these times when I get back to Brazil (maybe next year, I went one year ago for my niece's wedding), I'm actually going to try to get some dives in on the Laje. I've never done it. It would be great to go in the wintertime when the manta rays are swooping around. I also have never dived at Abrolhos, and I'd love to go when the humpbacks are in season between July and October. Been diving in Rio (brrr, cold water) and also four times at Noronha (nice diving, but four times is quite enough and it's super expensive there). Nimoh, if it were me, I wouldn't spend my time or money on Angra dos Reis/Ilha Grande unless there were no alternative--I'd get up to Abrolhos, even without the whales. December is high summer, so at least it will be warm in Sao Paulo.

I'm not exactly sure where some of these places are, so I'll have to run them through google maps when I have some time :)

I am going to be visiting friends that are non-divers, and I wasn't a diver when I last visited Brazil. So, all of the places will be new to me. I will be primarily in Sao Paulo, and spending a few days in Laranjeirus and I will be trying to find a couple of dives to go on close by.

I would rather not venture too much further, as I haven't seen my friends in a few years. I could always make a special trip to northern Brazil with some diver friends to explore that area.

Thanks for the tips, keep them coming :)

tchau

nimoh, do you mean Jardim Laranjeiras near São Bernardo do Campo? If so, then Santos is your nearest diving. (But if you mean Larajeiras in Rio, then you could go to Angra dos Reis or to Cabo Frio, or even dive at the islands right off the coast south of the city.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom