hibernating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's my problem right now. My dad didn't make it down for Christmas and is looking at New Years day, so eve is really my only option. If it was two hours away I could still do it. But a 4+ hour drive and Gilboa only being open from 10-4 just does me little good.
Had a dive buddy set up for Mermet on NY eve but he had to scrub. I really don't want to drive 4 hours to find out that nobody is around. I also don't like the idea of just showing up, some people don't like that.

It is really getting aggravating that I spent $1,400 to extend my dive season and everybody that said they would dive is busy. Soon the ice will be an issue and being green as the muck that we dive in with a dry suit I won't even think about that.

We told the family New Year's Day wasn't an option :) I know I'll be around at Gilboa, as far as I know Notsoken is coming and it sounds like Barracuda2 is coming up too. I haven't checked the thread lately. DrIra and his son and wife are also supposed to be coming down and I believe he was wondering if anyone wanted to get together New Year's Eve but I don't know if diving was involved.

I agree, 4 hours is a heck of a drive. I'm glad I only have to go 1:45.
Ber :lilbunny:

Actually from your post on the Fort Wayne thread it might be more like 5 hours. It takes me just over 4 to get to my dads in Columbia City.

Anyway I have a BD and dive planned for Blue Springs for tomorrow. Less than 2 hours and I get to try out the new gear. Now to get reorganized since I unpacked everything.

I can be in Chicago in 5 hours, where the heck are you? I used this program to figure the mileage and drive time. It lets you set your average speed for different types of roads--super cool!

Terre Haute..follow I-70 west out of Indy. If you cross over into IL, back up you went too far. If I remember right I to can be in Chicago in 5.

who can give me info on your club and the places you all travel to. I live is cincinnati and have been looking for a group to dive with. I do dive a drysuit and doubles if there are people in your group that like to do that. Information on what you all do and where you dive would be great. My direct e-mail is Hunchy11@aol.com. drop me a line if interested in another member. thanks nathan

The group that I dive with isn't really a club. Hoosier here on the board created KOMI (Kentucky, Ohio, Mighigan, Missouri, Indiana, Illinois) so I will pass on your email addy.
Also keep an eye on Midwest Muck Divers, Kentucky Piranha Patrol and Great Lakes Wreckiing Crew forums here. As soon as the waters start to warm there should be several dives. Also you can post asking for a dive buddy, depends upon when and were.

Also fill out your profile so everyone knows where you are from and your cert level.

Hi Najord! Cincinnati is a great place to be because you're almost dead center between the quarries where both the Kentucky Piranha Patrol and the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew dive. Like crpntr said, check out those sections of the board, some of us were diving at Gilboa on New Year's day. You're always welcome to join any gathering that gets posted here in the forums. The people on the board are a great group and someone is usually diving somewhere every weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom