Hibiscus Street Wed am 7/2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi ya'll
Setting up a dive for 7:30 (or earlier) wed. morning. Meeting on Hibiscus Street. That's south a few blocks of Commerical. Anybody interested? Just two of us so far...

One or two tank dive? I'm off Wednesday morning and might just try to make it. Let me know the exact time and who I should be looking for and maybe we can all meet up.

Scott

First weekly hump-day morning dive, perhaps?

I'm in! Anybody passing a Dunkin Donuts on the way? If you stop, pick me up two blueberry cake and two eclairs, a large decaf and a large regular. I'll buy yours.

It's a 1-tank dive and we won't go deeper than 17 feet all morning. If you don't suck air you can spend a lot of time exploring honeycomb reef. Lots of small octopus and we should see some jr. grey moreys as well.

This is a very easy dive. Bring a compass and we may need another dive flag depending on how many people show. Water temp is very comfortable, but remember we should be in the water for a looong time so if you have thin blood you may want a wetsuit. Skins at least - lotsa fire coral.

If you're going, PM me or Jenny and we'll give you our cell phone numbers.

:) Mike

I'll be there, although I do have to say that 7AM is just way to early. LOL

I don't know if I'll be passing a donut shop on the way or not but if I do I'll stop and some for all of us.

Weekly hump-day morning dive? Sounds good to me. Some friends of mine and I used to do a weekly hump-day night dive off Oakland Park Blvd years ago. Maybe we can make this a tradition.

See ya Wednesday,

Scott

I'll bring a flag also.
I agree with Mike, this is a very easy dive and I am looking forward to doing humpday dives!

I'll bring my flag as well, just incase.

See ya'll tomorrow.

Scott

OK, Jenny, I'm hooked. Marvel & I enjoyed diving with you and Scott this AM (well, in the parking lot anyway lol).

See you next week. Post the place & time in a new thread. Thanks again for letting me use your flag.

Well that turned out to be a very expensive dive. I put my wet suit on the sea wall to dry out and forgot it hanging there when we left. I went back to get it as soon as I realized I had left it but by the time I got there it was gone.

Other then that I had a great time and as soon as I get another wet suit we'll have to get together and do it again.

Thanks for a good AM dive and I hope everyone had a good day at work.

Scott

Ouch... maybe Jenny got it? Sorry, man, bad luck.

If it makes you feel any better I nearly left my computer on the roof of my car... almost. Feel better?

It was great meeting you and Jenny, Scott, and I'm looking forward to more sunrise humpday dives in the weeks to come.

Well that turned out to be a very expensive dive.
Aw Scott, so sorry to hear about that. If it is any consulation, the water is warm enough you don't really need it!

I had a great time this morning. Thanks Mike, Scott and Marvel! The turtle was pretty cool, and there were quite a few of critters including one very plump lobster. Think he can stay safe for another few weeks till I can take him legally?

Will start a new thread for next humpday..
Until then
:j

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom