HID Dive Light - 35 Watt HID - 3200 Lumens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phhappy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am trying to find a bright non cannister primary light, and I came across the above HID light 3200 lumens by Larson Electronic. Does anyone has an experiences with this light? Is it the brightest non cannister light in the market?

Any information and comment will be helpful.:D

I am trying to find a bright non cannister primary light, and I came across the above HID light 3200 lumens by Larson Electronic. Does anyone has an experiences with this light? Is it the brightest non cannister light in the market?

Any information and comment will be helpful.:D

This is the light I am talking about

HID Dive Light - 35 Watt HID - 3200 lumens - RL-12 - www.MagnaLight.com Spotlights and Flashlights

I guess you are right somewhere:D

At a foot long and four inches wide, and weighing five pounds, I think it would possibly be even more cumbersome to handle than the UK Light Cannon, but the Light Cannon IS only 10W.

At a foot long and four inches wide, and weighing five pounds, I think it would possibly be even more cumbersome to handle than the UK Light Cannon, but the Light Cannon IS only 10W.

A LC is 8 inches long and 2 1/2 wide and weighs about 2 lbs.

Only 10W is a good thing. Only 450 lumens may not be depending on your outlook.

Using consuming less power is a good thing. If you like to consume a lot of power get a halogen:D

Wow - that is a serious photon accelerator. Consider for a moment the lumen output of what some call bright - the UK Light Cannon mentioned above @ 450 lumens. Then realize that this heavy monster by Magnalight is over SEVEN times the lumen output than the LC.

Many here would justifiably say that is way too much light, and even I would agree for general scuba, but my lumen addiction is kicking in - I think I want this light! I could use my 24 Watt HID (@1750 Lumens) as a backup light!:D Between those two lights, I might not need my weightbelt.

Seriously though, the reason I like powerful HIDs is for biofluorescent night diving, as the more UV going through my filter creates more intense colors from fluorescing coral, and when not doing that, the daytime use as a video light really makes a good case for high power HIDs.

For under a grand, this appears to be a good deal - Li-Ion recharge, 3 hr burn time, - probably neutral UW. I can see myself making a goodman handle or arm mount for it right now...

Goodman handle for that monster ? :)

My current light weighs 3 lbs, and is not a hinderence at all with the goodman handle I made for it, so what's an extra two pounds to have sunlight at night?

My current light weighs 3 lbs, and is not a hinderence at all with the goodman handle I made for it, so what's an extra two pounds to have sunlight at night?

I donno I would mostly be concerned about the size of it. 4" by foot is pretty big

Back
Top Bottom