Hiding behind your screen name

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm using my name. Mania is in Polish a nick name of Maria. I have been called Mania since primary school.

And as a woman who expierienced rather serious threats made toward me by some total freak (after half a year he was arrested by police) I would rather not reveal publicly all of my personal details.
As SnowBear mentioned - women are targets more often than men.
Mania

Armyscuba has a good point (post #20) about safety. Other than that one point I completely agree with Curt.

Using your real name will keep you from flaming, or at least will keep it to a smolder.

Matthew J D'Avella
Dive Makai Charters
Kona Hawaii

Because I'm in the witness protection program.

Also because I was Special Forces, a sniper, special ops, a Navy Seal, CIA, helicopter pilot and combat medic in Viet Nam and the current government of Viet Nam has a contract out on me.

Also because Beachdivequeenbelam has fallen in love with me and I'm trying to avoid her.

Life sucks . . . !!!!

simple "creditors".

P.S. ... and those idiots from high school that you never liked in the first place.

Curt Bowen:
Why is it that many of the members here on the Scuba Board do not put their real name in their profile? Every time I look to see whom I am speaking with other than, mickey mouse, some cartoon drawing, or a photo of a fish I find no real name on their profile.

Do you not have your real name posted because your afraid of someone knowing who you are or does this provide a smoke screen so you can flame others about diving in which you really have no experience or knowledge about and your playing a guru internet diver.

Most of us are here because we love this sport and wish to interact with others with the same interest. I would like to see more divers post their real names so I know who the heck I am speaking with. I think it also adds credibility to your posts.

Maybe even a photo of your self would be good also.
How do we know that you are really Curt and even if there was a picture in the profile, is it really you?

The Kracken:
Also because Beachdivequeenbelam has fallen in love with me and I'm trying to avoid her.

ROFLMAO!!!

mania:
I'm using my name. Mania is in Polish a nick name of Maria. I have been called Mania since primary school.
Same here. "El Orans" sounds like "Lawrence" which just happens to be the English version of my first name.

Laurens

Even real names don't mean much these days.
If I search in Google for my full name I get 3.750.000 hits.
There are just too many of me around.. :11:

Winton:
simple "creditors".

P.S. ... and those idiots from high school that you never liked in the first place.
Now 'creditors' - the very best reason to hide!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom