High Performance Check Up System dry gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taat2d

Reaction score
Anyone ever hear of this dry glove system? I was told by a DC authorized dealer that they are exactly the same as the Diving Concepts gloves. That's funny when I called DC they never heard of thes gloves. They look like a knock off of the DC gloves. Look to be made in Germany maybe? And I'm sure the High Performance gloves MUST retail for much less than their high quality competition Diving Concepts.

I don't know of that particular label, but there is a company http://www.bluepoint.de/equipment/index.html that someone discovered and posted a while back. Their gloves look like a splitting image of Diving Concepts gloves, so it looks like either there are knockoffs or the OEM is selling to other re-sellers.

Irregardless if it is the same or knock off, if they sold you one brand/make and you paid for it, then they should not have substituted brands without your permission irregardless of physical similarity (if there is any).

Yes I couldn't agree more with you on that one.

I don't think DC makes their own gloves. they have a supplier for them. My neoprene gloves with the DC label, were made in China, I believe. Many offshore suppliers will sell similar products to different companies, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone offered gloves similar (or the same) to DC's. I would be surprised to hear DC admit it, though!!

The gloves are cheap, you are paying for the rings!!:)

Hey taat2d,
Try http://www.nordic-blue.com/en/index.html And then look under complete kits..... I used kit no.#1 it's a rollock system and it works pretty slick...it attaches to your latex seals, with no damage to them then to get them on you match the dots on the rings and a quarter turn and they are locked on.......
foof for thought?
Rob

I wasn't trying to compare gloves. My point to this post is tht I had a DC authorized dealer charge me for DC glove snad instead they installed these no name knock offs for the same price I was quoted for the DC gloves.

taat2d once bubbled...
I wasn't trying to compare gloves. My point to this post is tht I had a DC authorized dealer charge me for DC glove snad instead they installed these no name knock offs for the same price I was quoted for the DC gloves.

Hey Taat2d:

Regarding the Diving Concepts gloves... they are not made by DC. They are the US distributor for a manufacturer and patent holder in Switzerland. The Canadian distributor is a company called Skaana. Same glove same system, simply a different VAR. I believe DC prints their logo on the gloves, but that is the only difference. I have read your thread with Dans Dive -- well some of it -- and it sounds to me as though the gloves they sold you may well be from the same manufacturer as DC... If you like I can check to see if Skaana sells to Dans... I used to own part of Skaana, but no more. Alternatively, you can pm me and I can tell you what to look for to check if the ones you have are actually the real things.

For the record, not sure if DC are technically allowed to sell in Canada... and also FTR, the cost of the same system in Canada could be less because of lighter duty and taxes. (Only hit by mr taxman once instead of twice)

DD

Thanx for the info. I'll be in touch with you.

Hi taat2d (and Doppler)

Steve's right on the money. I'm not sure about their new neoprene gloves, but Diving Concepts gloves are manufactured by Checkup Systems. DC is the authorized distributor in the US, and my company (Skaana) is the authorized distributor in Canada. We do distribute these to Dan's Dive Store, so - assuming you got our gloves - you did get exactly the same gloves as DC. I'm a little confused because the gloves should have had our name and logo on the labels and instructions - I'm not sure why an end user would ever have to hear about Checkup Systems.

I tried to PM you earlier on today regarding your other thread - PM me or email me and I can give you more info on the gloves you got, and whether or not they are ours.

Thanks,

Ben Greenhouse
Skaana

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom