Highland Beach Submarine?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or it could be part of a migrant vessel that came to shore almost a year ago. Pare said he spoke with Boca Raton Ocean Rescue, where officials remembered a migrant vessel that had a hull on one side and a pontoon on the other. The strange object in the water could be the missing pontoon, Pare said.

This seems more likely. Boats like the old Nektons have engines in the pontoons also. Or from somebody's wrecked party boat.

Where's the rudder if it's a sub? If it's a pontoon it would have been bolted to the boat so wouldn't need one.

Or it could be part of a migrant vessel that came to shore almost a year ago. Pare said he spoke with Boca Raton Ocean Rescue, where officials remembered a migrant vessel that had a hull on one side and a pontoon on the other. The strange object in the water could be the missing pontoon, Pare said.

This seems more likely. Boats like the old Nektons have engines in the pontoons also. Or from somebody's wrecked party boat.

Where's the rudder if it's a sub? If it's a pontoon it would have been bolted to the boat so wouldn't need one.

I think this seems the most plausible at this point.

Chug
Nephew by marriage to a Marine Architect
(But not a very good marine architect).

I think with a little effort we could turn it into a sub! Anyone got a torch?

The Iranians.

I blame the Iranians.

The Iranians.

I blame the Iranians.

Hmmm...'bout the right size
images.jpeg

All I know is, I clicked on the thread originally thinking that I had new a new shore dive spot to hit.
Now, I am am full of disappointment.

Doesn't this stuff get auctioned off at some point?

Don't think Mrs. Desrat would like seeing it out her kitchen window though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom