HOG 32lb Wing question.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaFlea

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings all, this is directed to CBrich but some others might have the answer. Thx to all for your time.

I'm in the market for a single tank, doughnut wing and have stumbled across all the info on the HOG 32 wing. I like saving $80 over the Hollis S wing but have a question.

CBrich, I haven't been able to find a post that tells how long the corrugated hose is on the HOG 32. Can you tell me how many inches it is?

Everything else sounds great and it looks like a winner to me. But I want a hose long enough so I can comfortably reach the manual inflate mouthpiece without wrenching my neck 180 degrees.

Thx to all for your time.

Good Dives, SeaFlea

this probably wont help you much but oh well...i dont know the exact measurements, but i just got mine last week and needless to say ive been walking around the house in it on quite a regular basis id measure it for you now but it is at my house and im at work but ill tell u this.

im 6' tall abt 175 lbs i have it on a dr alum bp and a hog harness and i can easily reach my mouth and nose with it in hand, and the mouth piece when hanging freely sits right below the left d- ring which is at standard position. honestly i was worried because ive heard some people say its too long and others say its too short but honestly i think its perfect
i can clearly see it without straining yet its not so long its in the way. ill measure it and let you know exactly how long tomorrow if no one answers by then.

Measured it today, the actual corrugated hose itself is exactly 12 inches
from the end of the elbow to the button on the end of the inflator is 15 1/2 inches hope this helps

Thx for taking the time. That sounds alittle short to me but I will have to get it set and on my back to really see how it does. I know we are all different in shoulder and chest size and its not easy to get one size thats fits all.

CBrich..... or anyone, I haven't had to shop for a length of corrugated hose for a replacement. Does EDGE make longer lengths like 14 or 16 inch lengths? Or maybe somebody knows another retailer that sells them.

Thx to all for your time.

Good Dives, SeaFlea.

Greetings all, I found the hoses at Scuba Toys, no prob.

CBrich....... finally a last question. Does Edge use the standard 3/4 inch diameter corrugated hose on the 32lb wing?

thx for your time.

Good dives, SeaFlea.

my apologies, in the posts above i mispelled your net-name.

Good Dives, SeaFlea.

Back
Top Bottom