HOG Changing policy/values??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL>......what is the issue here?

He has always had MAP pricing....and who cares. His pricing is still LESS than all the others out there, and in most cases, a better product. If you own Hog product, you bought his product when he had a MAP policy....so it really doesn't change anything...does it? Are you now pissed about your purchase? I doubt it...you got a great product at an unbelievable price.

Geeeez....some people find any reason to get upset about something or bash a company.

I think most people don't understand what MAP truly is and confuse it with MARP. This is NOT price fixing in any way, shape, or form. A company, like you, has a choice. If they don't agree with MAP, they don't have to sell the product. It is simple... All MAP does is say that you can't advertise a product below "$X". You can sell it for whatever you want...below cost even. Just don't advertise it below "$X"

Either way....like everything....you have a choice. If you don't like it, buy something else :wink: But we all know you will not find a better product, price, or company with customer service than HOG.

I bet this stemmed from some LDS that doesn't carry HOG, that got an email, and word spread.....of impending dooooooooooooooom

There are many people that have, and will fill this forum with their praise of what HOG is doing, and it has absolutely nothing to do with worrying about MAP pricing....

But . . . isn't that an excuse to run out and buy more HOG gear, in case the price goes up? :idk:

:wink:

But . . . isn't that an excuse to run out and buy more HOG gear, in case the price goes up? :idk:

:wink:

You may be on to something JAX (will split profit with ya)......Hog price increases coming tomorrow...expecting 100% increases!!! BUY NOW :D

You may be on to something JAX (will split profit with ya)......Hog price increases coming tomorrow...expecting 100% increases!!! BUY NOW :D

I'd still be offering better value than many other big name brands.....

:shocked2: You better not! I'm wanting another one already!!!!!

BTW, there were at least four of us at "Invade The Keys" wearing DRIS T-shirts! :wink:

:shocked2: You better not! I'm wanting another one already!!!!!

BTW, there were at least four of us at "Invade The Keys" wearing DRIS T-shirts! :wink:

LOL>...PICS??
Welcome to Facebook

Well that has to be the most well balanced, open (without sensibly giving away trade info) and honest reply I've EVER seen from a manufacturer! :cool3:

Most here should realise that NO other manufacturer would ever reply to the query I posted!!!

My intent behind the original question posted was merely to find out what was happening going forward from this point and to see if my faith in HOG was justified and it was!

I never intended this as a "bash" and am very happy with my HOG gear and very happy with the the dive shop I bought it through (DRIS :cool3: ) .

I'm looking forward to adding a HOG BP1 reg setup for a stage/deco bottle setup as my training progresses and now there's even a possibility of a canister light so I'm chomping at the bit to extend my HOG collection!

As a final thing - It should be noted that Chris has lived up to his signature line once again: "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Well, for what it's worth, which ain't much, I understand the position from numerous facets of the business side.

Regardless, based upon what I've experienced with my HOG stuff that I've purchased, I quite happy, nay, very happy with the HOG gear that I dive.

In fact, my daughter is about to complete her basic open water certification and I'm planning on putting her in a BP/W configuration with a HOG wing.

the K

Chris, thanks for taking the time to respond. I own a fair amount of HOG gear and plan on buying more. These are difficult times, and giving divers and shops the best bang for the buck is good for everyone.

I dove my HOGs last trip on my first tech deco dives, on 25/25 to avg 130 max 144 for 40 minutes. I had to de-tune them at max depth, they were too easy to breathe. Maybe it was just the helium, but it is still a really good feeling to dial the adjustment knob a few full turns BACK underwater with a deco obligation. :DNeedless to say I am selling all my non HOG regs (only 1 set left) and will be a 4 set "HOG" pretty soon(need one more set for bottom stages). All three sets cost less than one of the atomics and scubapros I get donated gas from. All three kick the crap out of them in terms of breathing.

What was the original topic again?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom