HOG Fins and Zip-ties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jswantek

Contributor
Reaction score
I've recently become the proud owner of a pair of HOG 'Classic Tech' fins. They're great fins, but there is a problem with their spring straps. While removing them after a dive, the straps will become unfastened from the fin, sometimes only on one side, sometimes on both. Either way, it's not the ideal situation.

I've read some reviews on Dive Right In Scuba's website (excellent shop - highly recommended) where others have complained of the exact same problem. They have come up with a solution to keep the spring strap on using zip-ties. Again, not the ideal situation, but it's better than nothing.

My question is, exactly how does one thread a zip-tie through a spring strap in order to keep it on the fin? Any advice I could get would be great, and pictures truly are worth a thousand words.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom