Hola from Sunny (finally) Cozumel!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Kat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well ... we've been here a few days, but it's my first chance to check the computer.

We flew out of Texas Saturday, in the rain-rain-rain, and got to Cozumel in more rain, an aborted landing attempt, circled a water spout, got a too close view of the lightening, then slam-dunked into the airport! Whew!!! We packed up into the taxi van (like sardines!) for the short drive to Casa Mexicana. Checked in - room was ready - no problem. Didn't pay the extra for the ocean view, but got room 407 which give you a good view of the water & the cruise ships anyway. Rooms are quite nice, staff is very attentive.

Did a late lunch at Coffeelia (sp?) which was okay - not great. Then off to Coz Sally for a much needed massage. Wonderful!!! Then it was grab a few groceries and head to La Choza for a terrific dinner .... we love that orange salsa!!

Sunday morning we headed off early to Caleta to meet up with Alison (Scuba with Alison) and a full boat of divers .... but I think that will have to wait for another time, maybe a full view when we get home ... we're heading to Especias to see Adrian and have dinner shortly!!

Diver Kat:
... we're heading to Especias to see Adrian and have dinner shortly!!

Indian Shrimp....droooool...slobber.... ;^)

It's still raining here. Sunday they said the rain was over for a while, but they were wrong! Now the forecast is rain (again) for the rest of the week.

Bah! One more freaking day and I will be there! Plus my g/f is getting her a Sally massage too Thursday. I don't think I will hit up the computer this time while I wait for I'll have some friends to keep me company. Ah... I can't freaking wait...

parrotheaddiver:
you all suk :wink: 4 inches of rain at my house yesterday and today doesn't look very good either.....I wanna go :(

I've been in Austin for a little over 26 years, and I've never seen rain like this here, especially in June and July.

Just 9 more days and I'll be there. I hope it isn't raining there, looking at the 10 day forecast for Cozumel and Playa doesn't look much different than Austin.

paulw:
looking at the 10 day forecast for Cozumel and Playa

Pay no mind to the forcast for the Yucatan.... it always shows rain and it seldom actually does.

ggunn:
I've been in Austin for a little over 26 years, and I've never seen rain like this here, especially in June and July.

But I don't hear anyone complaining about their water bill for keeping the lawn green. :) It finally let up here in Houston.... 4 days and counting with no significant rain fall.

Kat: Have a great time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom