Holiday Dive Party and Bonfire Dec 27-28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I missed today I hope you all had a wonderful time. It was nice meeting all of you at dd we will have to get together again when i can stay longer..

Yep - we had a nice time, even if Tracey and Kimberley got a bit, uh, chilly! Neither are much for colder water... but the dry suit took care of that for me :wink:

The double 72s would have fit down the walkway, by the way :wink:

Thanks Pete for letting me use your "spare tank"; hope you can top it without dumping the more than half of a tank I left 'ya :wink:

We were at the "main place" near the Ale House this morning, but didn't see any other SB members. Did see (and get some video) of some 'Tees; we'll see how it comes out when all is said and done. There is also a decent cavern there but I didn't think there was a cavern/cave there and thus didn't have my can light with me - boo hiss, as it appeared to be fun. There was a LOT of air bubbling up from there - freaked me a bit when I first saw it, because it sure looked like an OW diver might have gotten in there and had a bad freeflow or something - and I wasn't equipped to go in there!

We were out of there by 11:00, as we had to check out of the hotel, but the snorkeling/diving was fun. Everyone but me took snorks; I was the only one with tanks and got a LOT of bizarre looks when I showed up to rent a pontoon with my doubles on my back and a drysuit all up and ready to go :wink:

We'll have to get something together up towards us sometime when the water warms a bit - and if you're up near me in the meantime, and want to get wet, let me know - just bring your exposure protection. I don't mind doubles one bit :wink:

Thanks for letting me put the name with the face for a few of 'ya; sorry we couldn't do the cookout, but it was way late for us as we'd been going since 4:00 AM and the ladies were all losing it... as it was we made it in and went straight to bed....

Again soon please!

Glad to have met everyone,had a great time on Sat at DD as we almost had it to ourselves.Did 2 dives with phree337 and we saw just about everyone at some point.
Sunday crew was smaller but we had a blast,manatees everywhere and big snook,tarpon,redfish,mullet,jacks and mangrove snapper.Dutchfin and Nico714 dove the cavern at King spring and you could track their progress as bubbles percolated thru cracks.3 sisters was devoid of any manatees but we passed many in the bay and canals.
A special big thanx to Kurt for opening his house to us for a big post-dive BBQ extravaganza.Several folks took pics and we should see'em soon.

For my first trip to DD, I couldn't think of any better group to be with! Glad to have met everyone (Gibbon, NetDoc, Dutchfin, Kurt, Genesis, Niko, 8buck, and others). The weather Sunday couldn't have been much better for the Manatee snorkel. My only question is this: Do you think the manatees swim in to watch US flock to the springs?? :)

Definately, thanks Kurt for letting us invade your house--you were an excellent host and everyone had a great time.

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I was there in spirit, while making snowballs up here!

There was a HUGE Tarpon behind the barriers with the 'Tees - that was, at least as far as I was concerned, at least as much the star of the show as the Manatees were.....

Wish I had met up with you guys - I would have loved to go caverning with 'ya - but oh well... another day, another time. Still had a blast.

Had a great time last weekend with all you folks hope we can do it again sometime it was a lot of fun. Should have went to the BBQ sounds like that was fun as well. Here are some of the pics that I took they didnt come out too well too much glare I think. Hope you enjoy, PM me for more.

Nick,it was fun and thanx for those pics.Who's the babe in the wetsuit:wink:?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom